Magical bows

If you have any ideas for new magic items or new rules for them, or just think the odd one is to over powered then have your say here please.
Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: Magical bows

Post by Dave » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:43 pm

Yeah guys it might be a little bit over powered... do you have any suggestions, or would you just have it where it had to wound its target for it to work???

TristanSykes1994
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by TristanSykes1994 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:07 am

Yeah, I feel still having to wound would be more appropriate as it is a contract bound to by blood
What if Deja Vu...
Meant I lost a life and started back at the last checkpoint?

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:47 am

TristanSykes1994 wrote:Yeah, I feel still having to wound would be more appropriate as it is a contract bound to by blood
Yeah I think you are right.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:12 am

Yeah that does sound more balanced
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:59 pm

Updated :)

The Blood for Blood Crossbow of Nahhessa at 75pts
The Assassins of Nahhessa take their profession 'very seriously' indeed, and for those who can afford to pay for their highest service, they offer a Blood for Blood Contract. If a customer purchases this special service, the Assassin tasked to complete the contract will be guaranteed to always complete their task, even at the cost of their own life.

Once this grim contract has been awarded, the Council of Nahhessa will have a weapon enchanted with the Blood for Blood Enchantment. The weapon is always selected by the Council's Assassin they have chosen to take on this job.

Once the enchanted weapon hits its mark, both the Assassin and their target's fates become linked for life. So, what befalls the Assassin, will also befall their target, and this is the secret of the Blood for Blood Contract's guarantee. So, if the Assassin cannot complete their contract in the conventional way, they are honour bound to take their own life, thus killing their target and completing their contract.

It is unheard of, but if a Nahhessa Assassin were to falter on honouring their Blood for Blood Contract, their Council will despatch a number of their Assassins to see that they do!

Often the Assassin chosen by the Council will have their Crossbow charmed with the Blood for Blood Enchantment, and as soon as it can draw their target's blood, their fates are seal together for all time.

On occasion an unused Blood for Blood Enchanted weapon will fall into the black market's hands, and when they do, these rare items are always highly sort after and will fetch a high price of gold.

This weapon is treated as a normal Crossbow with the following special rules.

The first model to be hit and take damage by one of this Crossbow's Bolts will have their fates "linked or intertwined" with the shooter of this weapon. Therefore, any life points the Crossbow User suffers, the model linked to them will suffer the same loss of life points and vice versa. Furthermore, should the Bow User be slain, both of the linked models will perish at the same time!

The damage in life point caused by this bow cannot be saved.

This Magical Bow cannot be used in conjunction with Magic Arrows.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:04 pm

Cool feels more balanced now
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man