We Need more Magic Weapons...

If you have any ideas for new magic items or new rules for them, or just think the odd one is to over powered then have your say here please.
Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: We Need more Magic Weapons...

Post by Dave » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:48 pm

The last two :)

The Devourer at 55pts (Magical Halberd)
This insidious magical halberd is so black, that it eats the day light around it, making it glow with darkness, if such a thing is possible.

This evil weapon has the power to devour a warrior's entire soul or any other threatening being's magical essence, leaving them black, empty and still forever.

The Devourer counts as a Halberd with the following special rules.

For each life point caused by this magical weapon upon any enemy in combat roll a D6. On the 1 to 5 nothing happens, on the score of a 6 that model is totally destroyed and removed from play for the rest of the game, because its soul or magical essence has been totally devoured by this magical weapon.

This weapon cannot devour a war machine's soul, as they do not have them. So this weapon has no special affect against those pieces. However, this weapon still affects all living, undead and demonic models, as they have a soul or magical essence that animates them on the battlefield.

Zereener's Reclaimer at 65pts (Magical Flail)
As the hordes of green skins fell upon Lord Jade, the kind and loving god of Zereener witnessed his bravery and determination against the wild filthy masses trying to tear him to shreds. So she, the beloved god of life descended down from the heavens to his aid and blessed his Flail to give it the power to reclaim life in battle.

The wild hordes did hack and tear at his flesh, but for each vile creature he struck down, his wound would instantly heal.

Lord Jade survived that bloody battle and by its end, he was surrounded by mountains of green death.

The Flail counts as a normal weapon of its type in combat with the following special rules.

For each life point caused by this magical weapon upon any model in combat, its carrier will heal back one life point of their own. The bearer of this magical weapon can never heal back more life points than they original had at the start of the game.

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:10 pm

WE HAVE FINISHED! :mrgreen:
I want to say a big thanks to everyone who contributed to this list. In total we have over a whopping 50 new magical items added to the list, which also includes all the new none-magical weapons we have been working on also.

The next step is now to review them all before adding them in to the main rules, which will bring the total number of magic items in this game to 260! That should spice up the game some what eh ;)

Please don't add any more now guys, as I really want to get stuck into other things now to do with Three Plains so we can get it ready for release some time after Christmas.

Thanks again :)

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:38 pm

After making my review of the new magic items, I had to remove the Sky Lance as I thought it was a bit OP. So I have replaced it with the Lightning Lance, I know an original name eh ;) but I just quickly created it to fill in that gap.

The Lightning Lance at 40pts
Unusually, the Lightning Lance was crafted by a Drarfen Magic Smith. Dwarfs don't forge many lances as they've no need for these implements of war, but the few they do for the other races are as masterly crafted as any other they create.

On impact, this lance releases a devastating bolt of lightning, which flashes through the enemy ranks, striking them down dead as it goes.

This magical weapon counts as a regular Lance with the following special rules.

On a successful charge, on top of the bearer's normal attacks, the lance does D6 automatic hits upon the enemy, which cancels out -2 to an enemy's toughness save and causes 1 damage. After the charge, the lance's magical bonus has no further affect until the bearer charges again.

Otherwise, the rest were totally fine I'm glad to report. Now the total number of magic items in the game number 263 altogether :)

I will be releasing the new updated Rules with all the new magic items within the 'Inner Circle of Epic' part of the forum, so that game testers can have a copy ASAP for our games.