Relics of the Ages past.

If you have any ideas for new magic items or new rules for them, or just think the odd one is to over powered then have your say here please.
TristanSykes1994
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Relics of the Ages past.

Post by TristanSykes1994 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:11 am

So today while discussing with Dave we decided to produce a few Magic items that were specific to some armies to represent special items treasured by the empire itself. These Items would only be able to be taken by pieces of that army but are specially linked to that army in some way. Two examples are The sword of Hadrian for the Herlancieans and the Grot Blade for the Orcs. we are aiming to produce 3 unique items for each race at current and this topic is to be used so people can propose ideas and the lore behind them.

Herlanciean Relics:
Hadrian's blade of Liberation (Dave)
???
???

Orc Relics:
The Grot Blade (TristanSykes1994)
???
???
What if Deja Vu...
Meant I lost a life and started back at the last checkpoint?

TristanSykes1994
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Re: Relics of the Ages past.

Post by TristanSykes1994 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:22 am

The Grot Blade

Many orcs use the layer of dirt, grime and other unmentionables on their saw blades as bragging rights against their brothers. While many can claim their blades are the dirtiest, none can ever hope to match this blade in sheer terms of foulness coating it. Though the orc that originally wielded the blade is long since dead, his mummy made sure to keep his sword and only lets husbands she deems strong enough to even know about this weapon, lest one try to take it to war without her approval.

The Grot Blade is a unique Great Saw blade with the following rules:

This weapon counts as having a poison rating 6 when determining poison strength. Furthermore, the grime on the blade is so potent that even the lightest contact leaves the victim severely sickened. If the wielder fails to inflict the level 6 poison if the opponent survives the normal attack, the piece will still suffer a single Lvl 1 Poison for each attack that hit.
What if Deja Vu...
Meant I lost a life and started back at the last checkpoint?

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:03 pm

TristanSykes1994 wrote:The Grot Blade

Many orcs use the layer of dirt, grime and other unmentionables on their saw blades as bragging rights against their brothers. While many can claim their blades are the dirtiest, none can ever hope to match this blade in sheer terms of foulness coating it. Though the orc that originally wielded the blade is long since dead, his mummy made sure to keep his sword and only lets husbands she deems strong enough to even know about this weapon, lest one try to take it to war without her approval.

The Grot Blade is a unique Great Saw blade with the following rules:

This weapon counts as having a poison rating 6 when determining poison strength. Furthermore, the grime on the blade is so potent that even the lightest contact leaves the victim severely sickened. If the wielder fails to inflict the level 6 poison if the opponent survives the normal attack, the piece will still suffer a single Lvl 1 Poison for each attack that hit.
I like it and I think its a good start to this new mini List.Thanks Trish :)

I think I would put the Grot Blade at 100pts as it will always do some damage in combat.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:54 pm

Wow one wound on a dragon or other beast and even they'll struggle
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:23 pm

Well here's my offering :) really this magical blade is meant to take on Elves, but would be no good against Orcs really. At 90pts that leaves some room for decent magical armour or magical protection ;)

Hadrian's Blade of Liberation at 90pts
At the final battle for the liberation of Herlanceia, Hadrian, one of her greatest heroes carried a simple one handed blade into battle. Hadrian and his army had to defeat the legendary El Immortals to claim victory. Even though he had a vast numerical advantage over his enemy, they were god like warrior beings who had endured countless battles and faced down much greater adversaries than his lowly rebellious human slave army. Thankfully, Herlanceia's other great hero and liberator Lysander who was Hadrian's brother, had a plan.

During the battle, Lysander would take the enslaved city of Meer, and in doing so also capture the powerful Emperor's Eye.

Lysander's plan worked! He scuttle the item and sapped it of all its magical power and beamed it to Hadrian who was fighting the El Warriors at the time. With this immense power Hadrian was more than a match for the El Warriors and cut them down one after the other in battle. With a little help from the Lords of the Woods hordes of beasts at the end of the day, the Herlanceia's great sons were victorious.
Even though the Eye was completely depleted, most of its vast magical energy had fused into Hadrian's Blade, which enchanted it with great magical properties!

Hadrian has long since gone, but his epic magical blade remains and is one of the greatest relic's the free people of Herlanceia have to remember one of their mightiest champions.

Hadrian's Blade of Liberation counts as a normal one handed weapon with the following special rules.
Each hit with this magical blade upon an enemy in combat deducts -2 toughness, agility and luck and has a damage range of 1 to 3.

Furthermore, the bearer of weapon 'Strikes First' in combat, as explained in the Three Plains Rulebook on page **.

This magical weapon can only be taken into battle by a Herlanceian character.