The Skull Brooch

If you have any ideas for new magic items or new rules for them, or just think the odd one is to over powered then have your say here please.
tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

The Skull Brooch

Post by tom1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:38 am

Skull Brooch
A very strange item to become magical though if Death had his way it would be destroyed.
It's possible to bind creatures of the lower an upper plains to items on the middle though it requires someone very adept and mana quill to do so, but one i5 has been found that death an his aides are easier to bond as they have a get connection as they have to claim souls on the middle plain.
On this occasion a great Artisans managed to bind death himself to this ivory skull Brooch and when used against an enemy death himself appears to attempt to claim the enemy soul, though only weak willed fools would go before there time and death must claim someone when he is called.

They Skull Brooch is a magical item that can be used once per game during combat before any attacks are struck.
When used an enemy model in base contact with the bearer, when used both pieces roll there soldering against each other with any applicable modifiers with every 4+ being a successful roll, whoever rolls the least passes takes d3+1 LP damage whigh can't be negated. In the event of a tie both pieces take D2 damage instead.

Itso very wordy but it's only a rough draft and any changes are welcome
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: The Skull Brooch

Post by Dave » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:40 am

Ok then very good :)

I have created a new Magic Items list, which I have added this item in for looking at later on. I have also added your pendants in there too.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:51 am

Ok cheers

darkgunman 3
Knight of Epic
Knight of Epic

Post by darkgunman 3 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:04 pm

ouch that skull brooch has some bite to it taking 1d3 +1 LP from the loser that cant be negated , but it is also dangerous to the user taking D2 LP from the user in event of a tie and the enemy taking D2 LP damage

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:00 am

Yeah I just wanted something different from what we've currently got

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:07 pm

darkgunman 3 wrote:ouch that skull brooch has some bite to it taking 1d3 +1 LP from the loser that cant be negated , but it is also dangerous to the user taking D2 LP from the user in event of a tie and the enemy taking D2 LP damage
And putting an element of a Backfire into that magic item will also make it cheaper to use. And personally I like Magic Items which can backfire, as it makes it more fun :twisted:

TristanSykes1994
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by TristanSykes1994 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Didn't realise Tom actually wrote this up as I just posted this over on the Death character topic...
TristanSykes1994 wrote:What about something like this? just a brain pouring.

Death's pawn

These hideous skeletal chess pieces are a grave sight to behold should an unfortunate soul find themselves challenged by its bearer as what entails is no mere chess game, but a journey into death's own domain in a literal battle of wits to ensure their own survival, overseen by Death himself. Each piece lost in this game causes great pain to the owner as Death strips ribbons of their soul away, stealing precious memories and aging the victim. This is nothing compared to the fate of the loser however, who will become trapped within death's domain to await a truly unfathomable fate...

Death's Pawn is a magic artefact with the following rules:

When a Character comes into base contact with a piece containing another character, you may declare a challenge against that character. Immediately remove both characters (They no longer count as being on the field, but are not slain for the purposes of death of the warlord or similar effects) and during the combat phase, resolve the following effect.
If both characters are still alive, they must make an opposed soldiering check and compare results. For each success over the opposing piece, they deal an immediate 1 life point damage which ignores all saves to the opponent. At any time before the roll is made, either character may elect to try and cheat. if so, the declaring player may add 2 additional dice to their soldiering when making an opposed roll but must immediately after resolution (but before damage is allocated) make an unmodified opposed soldiering check against Death's soldiering of 7. if passed, your opponent loses life points as normal for each success you gain over him, but if the check against death is failed, you instead take twice the damage you would have dealt your opponent as death punishes your attempts to deceive him.
Once either character is slain as a casualty, the victorious player may then place his model anywhere on the board but may not be placed in contact with an enemy unit (He may be placed into a friendly unit in combat, but takes no part in the combat until the following combat phase).
What if Deja Vu...
Meant I lost a life and started back at the last checkpoint?

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:34 pm

I'll take a look later and think about if it can improve the one we've worked on

TristanSykes1994
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by TristanSykes1994 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:44 pm

We can stock with yours. I looked at the death as a character and thought I'd pitch in there, didn't realise you made an entry in the magic item topic.
What if Deja Vu...
Meant I lost a life and started back at the last checkpoint?

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:00 pm

Well we can use both and thanks for your input there Trish :) I added it in to the New Magic Items List I'm working on for later.