Magical bows

If you have any ideas for new magic items or new rules for them, or just think the odd one is to over powered then have your say here please.
tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Re: Magical bows

Post by tom1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:05 pm

I didn't think it was that bad considering you have to cause a LP damage to actually get any bonus out of it.
But if you don't want it I'll try and do another one
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

TristanSykes1994
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by TristanSykes1994 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:05 pm

I have to agree with Tom. With a heavy tooled up character you won't get this off but against a wizard or the like it's a very interesting item. You can wound them and put debate into your opponent as to whether they target them and lose the piece or leave them and potentially suffer at the hands of the piece.
What if Deja Vu...
Meant I lost a life and started back at the last checkpoint?

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:07 pm

Yeah that's what I was thinking and it's still an eye for an eye your unit has to take damage for the ability to go off

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:24 pm

Ok ok... I will have another look at it guys :)

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:48 pm

tom1 wrote:Life Link 50pts
A very torturous bow indeed, created by very dark wizards for the battleland assassins to help insure the targets death even if the assassin perished as well.
One the assassination has found there mark even if the arrow doesn't kill them should any harm then befall the assassin this peculiar bow transfers the damage tor there target as well.
One well known case of this is a king at a feast was shot by an assassin and ordered his guards to behead him.
A few seconds later the King's crown hit the floor head still attached to it.

This weapon is treated as a normal short bow with the following special rules.
If an enemy piece suffers an unsaved life point damage from this bow then he becomes "linked" to the bow wielder, any LP damage the bow wielder takes the "linked" enemy also takes which is unsaveable.
Only one enemy can be linked at a time.
Looking at this Item again, I misunderstood it the first time. I thought all you had to do was to hit your target and that shooter die then so would its target, which is why I thought it might be a little OP. However, looking at it again, its more UP (UnderPower) than anything else.

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:53 pm

Here's my offering for the new magical Bows:

Safire Bow at 30pts
This splendid looking magical Bow has been skilfully decorated with red brilliant Safire's and has a golden finish. However, Heroes who take this Bow in to battle are more impressed with the weapon's deadly magical ability than its appearance, as it has the power to fire three scorching fire bolts every time it is drawn and released!

This magic Short Bow follows all the rules for this type of weapon, with the following special rules underneath.

Instead of shooting just once, this magical Short Bow releases 3 shots at once, which all must be directed at the same target. Each hit from this Short Bow will deduct -2 Toughness from its target's save and cause 1-2 in Damage. Furthermore, hits from this Short Bow count as 'Fire Based Attacks', as described in the Three Plains Rulebook on page **.

This Magical Short Bow cannot be used in conjunction with Magic Arrows.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Wow not a bad bow and ok dave

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:03 am

Just a quick thought, but I just realised considering as a universal rule all pieces roll to hit on a 5+ you could give a numpty a bow and he'd be just as effective as a people champion so is this OK or should numptys have a rule where they suffer a -1 to hit as these bows we've come up with are a very cheap way to make a numpty very good

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:51 am

tom1 wrote:Wow not a bad bow and ok dave
Cheers :)
tom1 wrote:Just a quick thought, but I just realised considering as a universal rule all pieces roll to hit on a 5+ you could give a numpty a bow and he'd be just as effective as a people champion so is this OK or should numptys have a rule where they suffer a -1 to hit as these bows we've come up with are a very cheap way to make a numpty very good
Good point, but I don't think so, as the item should pay for its own bonuses. However, it would not be a bad idea to update the Halfwit rules to include a -1 to hit when shooting, as that seems about right.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:21 am

Ok it made sense as halfwit pieces aren't meant to be good soldiers