Lets Create 60 More New Magic Items

If you have any ideas for new magic items or new rules for them, or just think the odd one is to over powered then have your say here please.
Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: Lets Create 60 More New Magic Items

Post by Dave » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:23 pm

tom1 wrote:which items are still waitin to be tweaked?
I just have left on my 'To Do List' the Wand of Oblivion. Then we need to created 7 more Arcane Items and just 1 new Magical Command, then we are all done :D

DannyC
Epic Champion
Epic Champion

Post by DannyC » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:28 am

Hoping that this one would be worthy enough to be the last item for the 'magic command' list:

Trumpet of Determination ( 70 pts )

The unit bearing this item cause other friendly units 10 inches from it to gain 2 endurance. This unit don't get this bonus.
Every turn counts.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:39 am

DannyC wrote:Hoping that this one would be worthy enough to be the last item for the 'magic command' list:

The unit bearing this item cause other friendly units 10 inches from it to gain 2 endurance. This unit don't get this bonus.
Yeah looks good nice name, can you possibly do a blurb?
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:00 am

DannyC wrote:Hoping that this one would be worthy enough to be the last item for the 'magic command' list:

As its a Trumpet, how can I say no, as that would be the first one is in the game. Its added to my to do list. Thanks mate.

DannyC
Epic Champion
Epic Champion

Post by DannyC » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:35 am

tom1 wrote:

If there were a blurb to it, this is how I think it should be ( Well, I tried my best... )

It was said that there was this novice general, who lead an army of Dwarves against the Orcs. When the two forces clashed, the Dwarves were hacking their way forward relentlessly, leaving chunks after chunks of the Orcs’ flesh piling on top of one another. The foolish general guffawed and started a celebration right where he was. But before long, the general’s laughter turned into a moan. Apparently, the Dwarves got exhausted after twenty minutes of relentless hacking and now they are the ones being hacked. “Fight on you fools!” he roared. It didn’t take long for him to realise that it wasn’t working. Coincidentally, beside him was his trumpeter. He grabbed that trumpeter’s instrument and blew. The Dwarves thought that the trumpet sound was a signal that it was lunch time, and so they perked up. Long story short, that general got lucky this time.
Every turn counts.

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:39 am

DannyC wrote:
tom1 wrote:

If there were a blurb to it, this is how I think it should be ( Well, I tried my best... )

It was said that there was this novice general, who lead an army of Dwarves against the Orcs. When the two forces clashed, the Dwarves were hacking their way forward relentlessly, leaving chunks after chunks of the Orcs’ flesh piling on top of one another. The foolish general guffawed and started a celebration right where he was. But before long, the general’s laughter turned into a moan. Apparently, the Dwarves got exhausted after twenty minutes of relentless hacking and now they are the ones being hacked. “Fight on you fools!” he roared. It didn’t take long for him to realise that it wasn’t working. Coincidentally, beside him was his trumpeter. He grabbed that trumpeter’s instrument and blew. The Dwarves thought that the trumpet sound was a signal that it was lunch time, and so they perked up. Long story short, that general got lucky this time.
Cheers that will save time thanks :) and not bad work at all :)

By the way, I have no missed your idea and I am giving it a good think about before I replay.

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Here are the last two reworks and thats all of them done on my Rework To Do List :D

Wand of Oblivion 150pts
This wand was forged by the demon smiths in the bowels of the lower plains. This foul device was cast out of vile demonic ores and enchanted by magic, which is simple out of mosts comprehension on the Middle Plain. It was designed to give any spell the power to blast strait through all pitiful defences the mortals on the Middle plain could muster against such an item. This it does with devastating effect, as even the most weakest of spells cast by this wand will send any foe strait to oblivion!

All harmful spells that have a save to overcome, which have been cast by a wizard using this powerful wand, automatically cancel out all affected enemies’ saves.

Trumpet of Determination at 55pts
It was said that there was this novice general, who lead an army of Dwarves against the Orcs. When the two forces clashed, the Dwarves were hacking their way forward relentlessly, leaving chunks after chunks of the Orcs’ flesh piling on top of one another. The foolish general guffawed and with the rest of this beards, he started the celebrations right there where he was. But before long, the general’s laughter turned into a moan. Apparently, the Dwarves got exhausted after twenty minutes of relentless hacking and now they are the ones being hacked. “Fight on you fools!” he roared. It didn’t take long for him to realise that it wasn’t working. Coincidentally, beside him was his trumpeter, who was meant to have a magical instrument... He grabbed his trumpeter’s instrument and blew with all this heart! The Dwarves thought that the trumpet sound was a signal that it was lunch time, and so they perked up. Long story short, that general got lucky this time.

All friendly pieces within 6 inches of the bearer of this magical trumpeter at the start of the game (after deployment), gain +1 endurance counter. Once all the allegeable have been awarded +1 endurance counter, this item has no further affect in the game.

Just 6 more left!!! :)

DannyC
Epic Champion
Epic Champion

Post by DannyC » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:19 am

Some corrections to be made here:
"Coincidentally, beside him was his trumpeter, which supposed to be magical..."

"The foolish general guffawed and started a celebrate right where he was."
Every turn counts.

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:54 am

Make the corrections DannyC, cheers :)

DannyC
Epic Champion
Epic Champion

Post by DannyC » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:26 am

Arcane Items:

Crown of Desperation ( 20 pts )
When you are only left with only unit, CD takes effect: All your spells cost one less mana. The unit cannot be fleeing.

Mysterious Hourglass ( 10 pts )
You may activate MH when your opponent cast a spell and have rolled out its success or failure. That successfully casted spell 'lags' and its effect is thus resolved last. You may only activate this once during a turn.

Amulet of Sacrifice ( 35 pts )
When an enemy spell caster is within 10 inches from the wearer of AS, whatever spell effect it might be, unless it targets specific race, your opponent must target the unit in which wearer of AS is in.

Book of Forbidding Spells ( 20 pts )
Unless bearer of BFS is eliminated, each turn only 4 spells can be casted. ( Explanation: In either your turn or your opponent's turn, only a total of 4 spells can be cast )

Exploding Coin ( 3pts )
Flip a coin. If the result is Head, the mana needed for your next spell cost one less. But if the result is tail, the coin explodes, dealing one wound to the piece with the coin. Whatever the results, after you flipped the coin, the coin vanishes.

Anyway you might want to correct your spelling for mana in the rulebk. ;)
Every turn counts.