New Rule Suggestions for the Orc???

If you have any ideas for units or character pieces, or just feel that certain pieces in the list are over or under priced or just want to discuss tactics then here is the place to do it.
Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

New Rule Suggestions for the Orc???

Post by Dave » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Hi all,

Here are some new rule suggestions for the Orcs. What do you think?

Robust
When the Orcs were on the verge of extinction and forced to flee in to the Black Lands so long ago, it was not their brutish strength or their battle prowess that saved them. Instead, their salvation was thanks to Her Darkness leading her newly adopted green children to safety. However, this journey was not an easy one, and had it not been for the famed Orcs robust bodies, they would have never had made it.

An Orc may have a simple wit, but their strong and robust bodies are really quite remarkable!

Orcs can march for days without food or even water, and in prolonged combats, even when they are swinging around huge metal weapons in frenzy, and wearing full body armour they can still out last most of their enemies in combat before tiring.

Because of the Orcs' 'Robust' bodies, at the start of every Orc turn, their controlling player must roll 1D6 for every piece that has suffered an 'Endurance Counter'. On the score of a 1 to 2 nothing happens. On the score of a 3 to 6 the Orc piece looses 1 endurance counter.

To learn more about 'Endurance Counters' and the affects of Exhaustion, refer to the Three Plains Rulebook and turn to page **.

Dull Witted
When other races dare mock the Orcs for being generally quite Dull Witted, they are not just referring to their intelligence, as Orcs have very poor senses indeed...

An Orc's built may give them a very strong and robust body for fighting and taking punishment, but it does not allow them much movement in their necks. In fact, if an Orc wants to look left or right, then they must actually turn left or right to do so. This can put them off from turning all together, which potentially could mean them missing danger they should be aware of.

As for an Orc's hearing, it's not that they can hardly hear anything, but it is very basic. An Orc is unable to pick up on very soft or high pitched sounds like a Human can and for the most part, they fide it difficult to track the location of sounds, which can be handy when an enemy is creeping up on you to slit your throat.

Some have even suggested that Orcs may not be that brave after all, as their courage could just be due to them not even knowing they are in danger half of the time...

Orc pieces have a 'Primary Sense' or line of sight of 90° instead of 180°. Furthermore, Orc 'Secondary Senses' extend out 1.5 inches around them instead of the standard 3 inches.

To learn more about 'Primary Sense' and 'Secondary Senses', refer to the Three Plains Rulebook and turn to page **.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Re: New Rule Suggestions for the Orc???

Post by tom1 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:31 am

I don't understand the robust rule, from the way it reads it seems like a massive weakness
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:35 pm

tom1 wrote:I don't understand the robust rule, from the way it reads it seems like a massive weakness
No probs, what do you think the rule means?

It just basically means that at the start of every Orc turn roll a D6 for every Orc piece that has some endurance counters on them, and on the score of a +3 deduct an endurance counter from that piece. Remember when they build up past 4 the piece will suffer from exhaustion.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:15 pm

I thought that's what you meant

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:30 pm

Well after playing it is have to admit I had my doubts but it didn't make a massive difference to the game, I think where it will make a difference is in games which last longer though but overall I think the Orc changes made sense and weren'the overpowered

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:55 pm

Thanks Tom, yes I didnt think it would make too much of a difference :)

Have you had anymore thoughts on my new Resistance Rules I suggested on Saturday. Btw, my idea was that if you had any excess resistance left over after deducting a toughness modifier with an attacker, the attacker would have to reroll to wound? The current rules work and are ok, but you don't get any bonus for resistance against attacks what do not deduct toughness.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:41 pm

I think we'd have to test it a few times before I'd give a verdict on it, I can see that it fits in more with the fluff but I think we can only really judge it on the battlefield

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:24 pm

Well I will give it a little more thought, but we look at game testing it.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:04 pm

Yeah I wouldn't mind game testing it, I just won't feel comfortable with it till I get more of a few for it

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:35 am

Ok then, will maybe we should set up a game soon then and test it out. Not this week, because I'm working but the following week.