Armored trolls

If you have any ideas for units or character pieces, or just feel that certain pieces in the list are over or under priced or just want to discuss tactics then here is the place to do it.
lorenzfear
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior

Armored trolls

Post by lorenzfear » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:01 pm

I think they should add a Armored troll as a beast or units . Maybe it should be like a sand troll but better :D

TristanSykes1994
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Re: Armored trolls

Post by TristanSykes1994 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:33 pm

interesting concept, i doubt that they would be a rank and file unit are they are pretty dumb but they could make an effective beast unit. however, it may be better as an optional piece of equipment as having an armoured troll and a regular trool would seem a bit pointless as they would have the same stats bar armour, but it seems like a worthy idea. I'll make sure to talk to dave about it and get back to you.
What if Deja Vu...
Meant I lost a life and started back at the last checkpoint?

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Thinking about it I like it and would not take ages to do. I think it would be better like Trish said with it being a profile option though.

At some point I'm going to release some new pieces for the Orcs and Herlancians and that could be one of them.

Brazouck
Knight of Epic
Knight of Epic

Post by Brazouck » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Perhaps an +2 armor and -1 endurance -1 movement should make it, or even -2 endurance, -2 move, for balancing more.

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:06 pm

You as well it wouldn't take to much work from adapting the prints either...

Maybe have them as an elite unit with one extra attack and called them 'War Harden Trolls'. I think -2 endurance would be a little to much, though -1 may be ok for them.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:11 pm

Yeah a troll unit whos not exactly smarter just a bit hardier and better in combat
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Yep all your right :) I'll see if there's enough time this week to work on them, as it would be nice for the Orcs to have a new unit when they are updated next year.