Don't Stop

If you have any ideas for units or character pieces, or just feel that certain pieces in the list are over or under priced or just want to discuss tactics then here is the place to do it.
Truthforger
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior

Don't Stop

Post by Truthforger » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:22 pm

I think it would be really cool if you continue adding to the Mercenaries list over time until it can be played as a full army by it's own right. It should be a place to put all of your creative misfit ideas that don't fit in to current armies and even tease upcoming things (why not throw some Amazons in there now) especially while your still filling out all of your different races/nations it would give a fuller sense of the world. Of course you would never want the Mercs to be better or in some way steal the tricks of the actual armies but I just think it would be cool over time to create this hodge podge army of misfits. Also you might throw a random idea unit in there and find it becomes real popular and suddenly have an idea for a whole nation you never even considered before. I haven't even played the game yet but just a random thought.

-Truthforger

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: Don't Stop

Post by Dave » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Arrr... well your in luck Truthforger, as that is exactly just what I intend to do with the MM Army List :)

I'm thinking at the moment of added:
Skirmish Hobgoblin Archers
Slave Giants
Amazons Skirmishers
Warrior Wizards - 'Sapphires' for femalee mercenary wizards and Male... well dont know what they will be called yet.
Warmonger - character
2nd (right hand man to the warmonger) - character

Just some of the ideas I have for them.

At the moment I'm working on the Dwarfs, but I may take a break and work on one of them pieces instead, which I will have a pole on.

Truthforger
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior

Post by Truthforger » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:00 am

It must be liberating for you on a creative level as well to get a break from working for months on one race and just jump outside the box for a bit and work on something different and less time consuming. One request I would make is for some mercenary cavalry. It'd be cool to have an elite cavalry unit from a destroyed nation or something. Warriors without a cause sorts.

-truthforger

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Truthforger wrote: It'd be cool to have an elite cavalry unit from a destroyed nation or something. Warriors without a cause sorts.
I like the sound of that, but I dont want to take on to much this year, as I have 3 armies and a new siege game too to work on this week, not to mention the general ongoing develment of the rules.

However, though the Plains Riders are dam good cavalry men, their not an elite fighting force and MMs could do with that. And I they could an elite infantry unit too... Just is a factor. I see what I can done eh.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:55 pm

Dave wrote:
Truthforger wrote: It'd be cool to have an elite cavalry unit from a destroyed nation or something. Warriors without a cause sorts.
I like the sound of that, but I dont want to take on to much this year, as I have 3 armies and a new siege game too to work on this week, not to mention the general ongoing develment of the rules.

However, though the Plains Riders are dam good cavalry men, their not an elite fighting force and MMs could do with that. And I they could an elite infantry unit too... Just is a factor. I see what I can done eh.
I'm really looking forward to the siege Game :D
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

Truthforger
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior

Post by Truthforger » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:02 pm

I'm dumb, the first time I read the Mercenary list I only saw the skirmisher cavalry for some reason. Just ignore my Cavalry idea. I've never played a siege wargame before so I'll be curious to see how that develops.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Everyone makes mistakes but to be honest i don't think there is an elite cavalary piece

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:40 am

Dave wrote:Arrr... well your in luck Truthforger, as that is exactly just what I intend to do with the MM Army List :)

I'm thinking at the moment of added:
Skirmish Hobgoblin Archers
Slave Giants
Amazons Skirmishers
Warrior Wizards - 'Sapphires' for femalee mercenary wizards and Male... well dont know what they will be called yet.
Warmonger - character
2nd (right hand man to the warmonger) - character

Just some of the ideas I have for them.

At the moment I'm working on the Dwarfs, but I may take a break and work on one of them pieces instead, which I will have a pole on.
Will you start working on these when you release the MM warlord

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:13 am

I will finish the Dwarfs, then I will start working the MM, but I wont release them one at a time, I will instead release them altogether :)

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:16 am

K and Yays