Mercenary Sellsword

If you have any ideas for units or character pieces, or just feel that certain pieces in the list are over or under priced or just want to discuss tactics then here is the place to do it.
TristanSykes1994
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Mercenary Sellsword

Post by TristanSykes1994 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:52 pm

So I'm just throwing out an Idea dump in order to build up some ideas for the mercenaries to be their own army.

Men willing to fight for coin in the mercenaries are a silver a dozen. Men who can actually fight for the mercenaries are often bought as sellswords to serve a Mercenary Prince to ensure his victories in battle against the enemy commanders.

Movement 7
Combat Rating 5
Toughness 2
Resistance 0
Agility 0
0 Luck
2 attacks
2 Life points
3 Soldiering.

Special rules may include penalties for other units claiming the sellswords bounties. yet to be developed.
What if Deja Vu...
Meant I lost a life and started back at the last checkpoint?

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Re: Mercenary Sellsword

Post by tom1 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:12 am

Glad to see Mercy getting some units and like the idea behind the sell sword
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: Mercenary Sellsword

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:56 am

TristanSykes1994 wrote:So I'm just throwing out an Idea dump in order to build up some ideas for the mercenaries to be their own army.

Men willing to fight for coin in the mercenaries are a silver a dozen. Men who can actually fight for the mercenaries are often bought as sellswords to serve a Mercenary Prince to ensure his victories in battle against the enemy commanders.

Movement 7
Combat Rating 5
Toughness 2
Resistance 0
Agility 0
0 Luck
2 attacks
2 Life points
3 Soldiering.

Special rules may include penalties for other units claiming the sellswords bounties. yet to be developed.
This looks like an elite unit to me and we do need one in there for them :)

However, I feel they would come from an War College or Academy instead. So how about they are the Ring Bound, who are brought up to fight from birth and then released as units to powerful warlords with plenty of money. This ring is round their neck and if they do not earn enough money to buy their freedom, it will tighten and kill them.