Elf Army List V3 (The Golden Masters)

The new Imperial Elves, the Golden Masters V3~ are now being worked on!
Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: Elf Army List V3 (The Golden Masters)

Post by Dave » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:22 pm

darkgunman 3 wrote:hi Dave ,
instead of Pegasus riders ,how about hippogriff riders.
the hippogriff
El__s_Hippogriff_by_elshazam.jpg

vs the griffin
Griffin-mythical-creatures.jpg

they would be a rival for the herlanceian red griffin riders
i think this would be a good compromise
at least that's what i think, but it's your call dave
if you want to include pegasus riders i am ok with it being an option for the elves
The Elves would like the Griffin because it's agility save would complement their own. However, I think the Griffons' temperament would not suit the Elves, they are very wild and ferocious beasts. So the Elves might favour the Hippogriff instead. This could be because of it being part Horse it would have a milder manner about it. What do you think?

If the Hippogriff was in the game, I can see it having 1 less attack than the Griffin, but have a faster ground movement

darkgunman 3
Knight of Epic
Knight of Epic

Post by darkgunman 3 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:09 am

hi Dave ,
its a go for the hippogriff rider then instead the Pegasus rider.
give them similar stats as the griffin but change to 5 attacks and maybe 17 or 18 ground move. :)

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:58 am

darkgunman 3 wrote:hi Dave ,
its a go for the hippogriff rider then instead the Pegasus rider.
give them similar stats as the griffin but change to 5 attacks and maybe 17 or 18 ground move. :)
Great stuff :)

Looking at the Red Griffin again I might nurf down their ground movement to 12 inches, and give the Hippogriff have a 16 inches ground move.

darkgunman 3
Knight of Epic
Knight of Epic

Post by darkgunman 3 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:48 am

i kind of thought the red griffin's ground move was high at 16 inches .
so the hippogriff ground move of 16
and the griffin ground move of 12
what about their flying speed
currently you have the griffin speed at 22
so maybe make the hippogriff speed at 20 or 21 I'm not sure about this one.
this could maybe offset the ground speed advantage the hippogriff has over the griffin.
what do you think?

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:17 am

darkgunman 3 wrote:i kind of thought the red griffin's ground move was high at 16 inches .
so the hippogriff ground move of 16
and the griffin ground move of 12
what about their flying speed
currently you have the griffin speed at 22
so maybe make the hippogriff speed at 20 or 21 I'm not sure about this one.
this could maybe offset the ground speed advantage the hippogriff has over the griffin.
what do you think?

The Red Griffon is meant to be one of the most fastest flyers in the game. For the Herlanceians to have it, is quite special for them, as they are a Jack of trades army, master of none. So the Red Griffon is really a norm breaking piece for them. So I think the Hippogriff would fly more at 18 inches, which is quite fast, but nothing too special, and not that far off a standard Griffon either, which might fly move at 20 inches.

Also a 16 inches ground move is nothing to sniff at either, as there are plenty of things which can force flyers to the ground, and lol if your Elf lord is mounted on a Rock with a 3 inch ground move, that would mean your a bit stuck. Then again this will reflect in the Rocks points, as this would be a major weakness of using one over a Hippogriff in battle.

Thinking about it now, Rocks might be 190 to 210pts where the Hippogriff would be 220 to 230pts, because of its movement on the ground. Rocks might be better in combat, but the Hippogriff would be a safer bet I think, especially against the Orcs with their Wolf Spiders which can gound flyers.

darkgunman 3
Knight of Epic
Knight of Epic

Post by darkgunman 3 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:45 pm

hi Dave ,
maybe you could increase the ground speed of the rock to 5 inches - not like its going to win any speed races, it is still going to be slower as mud than infantry of any the races. i believe it would use its great wingspan to aid in ground move speed.
so are you going to include the standard griffin as a option for elves,

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:54 pm

darkgunman 3 wrote:maybe you could increase the ground speed of the rock to 5 inches - not like its going to win any speed races, it is still going to be slower as mud than infantry of any the races. i believe it would use its great wingspan to aid in ground move speed.
Well I suppose it could hop a bit faster into battle ;)
darkgunman 3 wrote:so are you going to include the standard griffin as a option for elves,
I think the Elves would prefer the Hippogriff because of its less savage nature, and they don't really need to use Griffons, as they do nearly the same job as the Hippogriff. So no, but I don't, but because they just have a better option instead.

At the moment they have a fantastic range of mounts as well :) So if where to have another, it would have to be something completely different and fill a weakness in their army.

darkgunman 3
Knight of Epic
Knight of Epic

Post by darkgunman 3 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:32 pm

At the moment they have a fantastic range of mounts as well :) So if where to have another, it would have to be something completely different and fill a weakness in their army.
this statement i totally agree with you that they wide selection of mount choices to from. :)

darkgunman 3
Knight of Epic
Knight of Epic

Post by darkgunman 3 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:34 pm

i glad that i could contribute to cause with ideas :D

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:06 pm

darkgunman 3 wrote:i glad that i could contribute to cause with ideas :D
Well that's what its all about eh :) and thanks for throwing your ideas in too :)