Bittersweet times...

Go right ahead and suggest new rules, concepts or armies/lists for Three Plains or anything you feel would better the game. You never know, they could get developed ;O)
whisper31
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Bittersweet times...

Post by whisper31 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:51 am

Hey all.

I would like to say that it has been a great deal of fun and not without some headaches, but as of this post, I will have to curtail my involvement in the development in Three Plains. Yesterday I managed to literally walk into a second job, and that will eat up any remaining free time that I have to help out. All of the DVD's are burned and I am going to try to get the first batch out this week. I am sending Dave the master copies of both DVD's so that he can offer them to anyone who would like to get a copy of everything available (as of this date) for the game. The ones that I have already made copies of will be sent out as finances allow (but they should ALL be going out by the end of May). I also have 10 or so copies of the Patreon DVD's. If you buy the fortress kit from Dave at WargameVault.com, Dave can send me your physical address and I will send you a copy of the Patreon disc at no charge to you.

I loved helping out with making the game and getting it out in production and distribution, but as usually happens life has gotten in the way of my gaming time and I have to take care of that first.

I will still be checking in from time to time to see how well we are doing with the DVD's, so I won't be a complete stranger. I will miss talking with all of you and getting your ideas to help make this game better than anything that is out there.

Thanks for all the fun and great works from everyone!!!

Christopher Jeschke
aka Whisper31

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: Bittersweet times...

Post by Dave » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:18 am

Well congratulations on your second job! :) and we all totally understand and are all very happy for you =D

Thank you for everything you have done so far, you have definitely had a positive impact on the game and moved it up to an other level :)

I wish you well and hope like you say you will keep in touch Chriss :) you will be missed!

Dave

whisper31
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by whisper31 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:21 am

Been a while since I got to talk to you folks here at EWG. Good news is that I have FINALLY managed to get the first set of DVDs sent out in the mail on the morning of 03JUN16. Dave, your copy (with the masters) is on it's way to you as well. The ones in the States will arrive at their destinations between 08JUN16 and 10JUN16, so hopefully we will start to hear from the different game stores and players shortly. I still have about 35 more copies to send out to various game stores in the US, and they could get sent out as early as 01JUL16, but we'll see what happens.

Hope we get to hear from new players soon.

Whisper31
aka Christopher Jeschke

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:11 pm

Wow! that's great news and thanks for all your efforts mate :D and I hope get more people interested in the game too :)

Btw, how are you, I hope live is treating you well for you?

whisper31
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by whisper31 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:12 am

Doing fairly decently. Doctor says I will have to slow down some here shortly or risk a major problem. I have a 7 year old granddaughter that I want to see get married, so it looks like the second job will have to go. It did what it needed it to do, so no problems there. Hopefully by the end of this month, I can get the rest of the dvds out in the mail and then we might see an upswing in people coming to the forums.

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:50 pm

whisper31 wrote:Doing fairly decently. Doctor says I will have to slow down some here shortly or risk a major problem. I have a 7 year old granddaughter that I want to see get married, so it looks like the second job will have to go. It did what it needed it to do, so no problems there. Hopefully by the end of this month, I can get the rest of the dvds out in the mail and then we might see an upswing in people coming to the forums.
Great stuff and it sounds like the doctor knows best eh, nothing's worth your health mate, and its good to hear from you too :)

Again thanks for all your hard work on Three Plains :)

whisper31
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by whisper31 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:38 pm

Update on the maled dvds: As of today (10JUN16), out of the 11 that I have mailed out, One is being returned due to business gone with no forwarding address, one is being delivered to a business moving WITH a forwarding address, Dave's copy is in the mail on its way, but I have no way to track where it is and if it reaches him. All the rest have been delivered,so hopefully we'll start seeing some new folks show up at the forums to give us their feedback on the game and maybe help us improve it that much more. Now to get the rest of them mailed out ASAP.

Whisper31

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:25 pm

whisper31 wrote:Update on the maled dvds: As of today (10JUN16), out of the 11 that I have mailed out, One is being returned due to business gone with no forwarding address, one is being delivered to a business moving WITH a forwarding address, Dave's copy is in the mail on its way, but I have no way to track where it is and if it reaches him. All the rest have been delivered,so hopefully we'll start seeing some new folks show up at the forums to give us their feedback on the game and maybe help us improve it that much more. Now to get the rest of them mailed out ASAP.

Whisper31
Well, it was in the mail ;) I can confirm the arrival of my copy :D Great job Whisper31 it will have pride and place on my shelve for all time :D !
Attachments
IMG_3885.JPG
IMG_3885.JPG (181.65 KiB) Viewed 15046 times
IMG_3884.JPG
IMG_3884.JPG (183.42 KiB) Viewed 15046 times
IMG_3883.JPG
IMG_3883.JPG (243.11 KiB) Viewed 15046 times
IMG_3882.JPG
IMG_3882.JPG (217.39 KiB) Viewed 15046 times

whisper31
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by whisper31 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:16 am

They did turn out rather well, didn't they? Not bad for a first try at something like that. :D

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:06 am

whisper31 wrote:They did turn out rather well, didn't they? Not bad for a first try at something like that. :D
Mate they look great!!! you did a smashing job there! :D