New Star system??????????

This forum is setup to talk about all the rules found in Three Plains’ Rulebook. So here new rules can be suggested, current rules can be debated by Epic Members and Epic Members or Me can help new players of Three Plains get to grip with its rules.
Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: New Star system??????????

Post by Dave » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:29 am

I will defentaly have to take another look at the Star Rules to make them clearer.

Trish and Tom, fatbag26's list is RIGHT as all his stars belong to different pieces, so is ok. If he had two units of Divine Blood Knight (2 Stars) that would not be legal as both his starts belong to the same types of pieces.

Really starts are there to stop gamers taking super rare units more than once, but they can take two different types of super rare units.

Fatbag26 take no notice, your list is right.

But guys this is my fault as I need to make the star system clearer =O) which I will do tonight and release it in the mid year.

TristanSykes1994
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by TristanSykes1994 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:42 am

But dave, it can't be, if it was like that we could take 2 3rd sorceresses and a 2nd sorceress in the same game. He is playing a 2000 pt game which only grants him one star to use, not two. For the one star he could only get a dragon and a sorceress OR a group of divine. Woith the rules you wrote I think you meant to write it that you can take either one of one piece and one of another or 2 of the same piece.
What if Deja Vu...
Meant I lost a life and started back at the last checkpoint?

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:17 pm

2nd Sorceresses are worth 2.5▼ so he cant take 2 more Sorceresses of any type, just one. Updating their triangles was on of the last things I updated for the Elves, but you might have missed that little update Trist.

Also Elf Princes are 2.5▼.

Dont worry, the rules work fine the way they are. I just need to make them clearer that's all.

And remember in game testing, hard pieces usual meet their end on the battlefield sooner or later =O)

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:29 pm

this is the rule update/edit

Please tell me if you can understand it and if this is clearer to under.

★ Stars ★
All armies start off with one ‘Stars ★’. However, each time an army grows past 4000pts; it may use an additional star. For instance a 2000pt army would have one star and 5600pts would have two instead.

A star means you can only have one piece of its type in your army, unless your army goes over 4000pts, then you can have two and so on. For instance, an army totaling in size of 3000pts could contain one kind of star worthy piece and one of another kind too. Or to put it in real gaming terms; a 3000 point Herlanceian army could not have two halfwits, because the two halfwits are the same. So fielding them would cost the Herlanceians two stars, which they cannot afford in a 3000 point army. They could however have one halfwit and one Grand General (which cost a star each) in their army because they are different pieces from each other.

Otherwise spending stars are like spending diamonds and triangles, as you don’t have to use them up if you really don’t want too and you are not allowed to go over your start limit.

This edit will go in the Mid Year Update now.

Thanks guys =O)

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Right much clearer thanks dave :)
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man