French Version

This forum is setup to talk about all the rules found in Three Plains’ Rulebook. So here new rules can be suggested, current rules can be debated by Epic Members and Epic Members or Me can help new players of Three Plains get to grip with its rules.
Brazouck
Knight of Epic
Knight of Epic

French Version

Post by Brazouck » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi !

I'm currently looking at your game, but I still don't have tryed it (no ink in my printer, wondering what type of paper using etc ...).

But I was thinking that my buddies will stay on the "big other game with red book", because mostly they don't read english.

So I was dreaming of a translated version of Three plains, and perhpas I can help with that, because I have some experience in translating board and videogames.

What do you think about it ?

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: French Version

Post by Dave » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:48 pm

I think that's a great idea Brazouck, how can I help you achieve this???
Brazouck wrote:I'm currently looking at your game, but I still don't have tryed it (no ink in my printer, wondering what type of paper using etc ...).
Really its all covered in the Rulebook on page 6:

Paper and Card
No matter how good you are at cutting and sticking your armies and scenery together, if the paper or card you are using is not of a good quality, then your end product won’t be much good either. So like anything else, the better the quality of paper or card you use, the better the end result will be. Thick A4 (210 x 297mm) paper (the thicker the better) can be used for making your troops, but A4 (210 x 297mm) 160gsm matted card is the best overall material for making nearly all the models for Three Plains. However, for making buildings and other large models use thicker 220gsm card, otherwise the model could bend or even collapse under its own weight.

Also you will notice on each Print Sheet all the stats are there to made the models up with. However, with bases 40x40mm and bigger it pays to double them up with another piece of thick piece 220gsm card.

Hope that helps

Brazouck
Knight of Epic
Knight of Epic

Post by Brazouck » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:25 am

Hi !

I will just need an editable version of the books (like in .doc or .docx) for making the translation easier, and your authorisation to give this file to one or two persons who will help me.

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:48 am

No probs, I will download them tonight, zip them up for you and send them to you through a pm with a link to them. The files have been written in .docx so it sounds like you should not any no problems working with them.

Do you want the Army Lists as well e.g. the Herlanceians, Black Land Orcs...

Can you send me a copy or the copies back so I can give people that option when they download the game. Also, it would be nice to have your full name so that I can credit you with the translation =O)

Thank you so much and I sure many will appreciated your work Brazouck!

Brazouck
Knight of Epic
Knight of Epic

Post by Brazouck » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:01 pm

I think it would take a lot of time !

In my opinion, It would be better to start with the army books, because with the aim of showing the game in local shops, only the "gamemaster" have to know the rules, but potentioal new players would want to look at their favourites army books, what do you think about this ?

I will start with the Herlanceians, and continue with the orcs, it would make a good 'starterSet', and after that I will start the rules.

As a sidework, I start an english/french software for army lists, on a webapplication (php based) that I will giove to you to put on your website.

my full name is Antoine Saulière

Sorry for bad english guys !

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Well your english is much better than my French :)

That totally fine and I did think it was big job for anything too do, so I will the upload Herlanceians and Orcs first then and when you ready for the MMs (Mercenaries of Many) and Elves let me know and I will send them to you. I'll PM you a link tonight or tomorrow with the download.

Cheers

Brazouck
Knight of Epic
Knight of Epic

Post by Brazouck » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:48 pm

Great ! I have asqued on a strategy game forum if someone wants to help me, if not I have some friends who will here :D

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:14 pm

I think having a french version will definatly be useful and having a native speaker translate it is better then an internet translator :D
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:18 pm

Your very right Tom, and we are very lucky that Brazouck has offered us his help to this. So many thanks from all of us Brazouck :D

Brazouck
Knight of Epic
Knight of Epic

Post by Brazouck » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:09 am

You will thank me when it will be all ovder, not soon believe me !

Go to work :arrow: