Introducing the Newest Weapons from the Epic Forge

This forum is setup to talk about all the rules found in Three Plains’ Rulebook. So here new rules can be suggested, current rules can be debated by Epic Members and Epic Members or Me can help new players of Three Plains get to grip with its rules.
Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: Introducing the Newest Weapons from the Epic Forge

Post by Dave » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:10 pm

tom1 wrote:Only drawbacki can see is they won't be cheap
I think they sound good on paper, but I really don't think they will be any better than spears in practice at the moment 8-)

TristanSykes1994
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by TristanSykes1994 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:25 pm

Okay guys, so after a lot of deliberation and general research and discussion we have finally settled out an understanding over the tridents.

One handed Trident:
Counts as spear against cavalry units
6's to hit cancel out one enemy attack. These attacks are made before the opponent for the sole purpose of working out the attack cancellations.
Does not benefit from multiple ranks.

Two Handed Trident:
Counts as pike against cavalry units. No penalty for wielding.
-1 toughness, +1 Damage range

So the changes here are very minor compared to the previous proposed rules but they also balance out the weapon as a whole and make it less finicky than before. this also introduces a new ability into the game which is to reduce the opponents number of attacks and gives loose moving pieces weapons they can take against cavalry that doesn't mean they lose out for not having ranks. these will be tested in the next few weeks so we expect good news from these weapons and hope to relay this to you in due course.
As always, got any questions, feel free to fire them our way.
What if Deja Vu...
Meant I lost a life and started back at the last checkpoint?

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:07 pm

TristanSykes1994 wrote:Okay guys, so after a lot of deliberation and general research and discussion we have finally settled out an understanding over the tridents.

One handed Trident:
Counts as spear against cavalry units
6's to hit cancel out one enemy attack. These attacks are made before the opponent for the sole purpose of working out the attack cancellations.

Two Handed Trident:
Counts as pike against cavalry units. No penalty for wielding.
-1 toughness, +1 Damage range

So the changes here are very minor compared to the previous proposed rules but they also balance out the weapon as a whole and make it less finicky than before. this also introduces a new ability into the game which is to reduce the opponents number of attacks and gives loose moving pieces weapons they can take against cavalry that doesn't mean they lose out for not having ranks. these will be tested in the next few weeks so we expect good news from these weapons and hope to relay this to you in due course.
As always, got any questions, feel free to fire them our way.
These rough rules seem fine to me :) I'm guessing you would mind these weapon being put into the main Rule's Armoury? So any army can use them.

TristanSykes1994
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by TristanSykes1994 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:16 am

Well it's not really an exclusive weapon as I mentioned previously.
What if Deja Vu...
Meant I lost a life and started back at the last checkpoint?

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:41 pm

TristanSykes1994 wrote:Well it's not really an exclusive weapon as I mentioned previously.
In that case, I will add it into the main rules, which should be in the next version of them when they are released :)