Just Adding to the list

The Wizard Elementor will be a bonus army with a new discipline of magic of Elements.
DannyC
Epic Champion
Epic Champion

Just Adding to the list

Post by DannyC » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:51 am

I don't know what to call this one, really. I don't know if this idea have been done somewhere in this forum, so I'm just writing it down here.

I imagine an elementor that splits into many mini version of itself when it dies or you may also have him explode into his minis and causing AOE damage. The minis will be much weaker but more annoying than its bigger self... And of course, when the minis die, it dies,

Just an idea.
Every turn counts.

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: Just Adding to the list

Post by Dave » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:26 pm

Interesting :) I can see it being a huge fiery creature, but I'm at a loss for that you would all it... :?

But I like the idea, as it makes me think about the nature of fire itself... which is to spread... So how about for everything it kills, it catches first and turns inot a new mini fire creature, which then joins it in a unit behind it? Or then the Fire Monster dies, it explodes, and all models killed by it turn into a new mini fire monster?

DannyC
Epic Champion
Epic Champion

Post by DannyC » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:11 am

Dave wrote:I can see it being a huge fiery creature, but I'm at a loss for that you would all it...
How does "Wildfire" sound? I thought it reflects the nature of the beast itself...
Dave wrote:So how about for everything it kills, it catches first and turns inot a new mini fire creature, which then joins it in a unit behind it?
Hmmm... This might feel like "zombification" though.
Dave wrote:Or then the Fire Monster dies, it explodes, and all models killed by it turn into a new mini fire monster?
Adding on, maybe those mini fire creatures should turn crisp after some time...?

DannyC wrote:I imagine an elementor that splits into many mini version of itself when it dies or you may also have him explode into his minis and causing AOE damage. The minis will be much weaker but more annoying than its bigger self... And of course, when the minis die, it dies,
I can see this being an earth creature too. I imagine the creature crumbling into its smaller-selves after being heavily struck... In this case there will be no AOE damage. Actually, we can have two different elementor creatures, can we not? :?
Every turn counts.

DannyC
Epic Champion
Epic Champion

Post by DannyC » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:25 am

( See above...)

Here's another idea;

A nature elementor that can be sacrificed to slow the enemy down. Think of it as the elementor morphing into vines and roots, entangling a target near it.
Every turn counts.

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:58 am

DannyC wrote:How does "Wildfire" sound? I thought it reflects the nature of the beast itself...
I like it :)
DannyC wrote:A nature elementor that can be sacrificed to slow the enemy down. Think of it as the elementor morphing into vines and roots, entangling a target near it.
This sounds like earth elementor or to me and it really needs it own thread :)
DannyC wrote:I can see this being an earth creature too. I imagine the creature crumbling into its smaller-selves after being heavily struck... In this case there will be no AOE damage. Actually, we can have two different elementor creatures, can we not?
:) Yes we can, we are going to have Earth, Wind, Water and Fire.

DannyC
Epic Champion
Epic Champion

Post by DannyC » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:54 pm

Dave wrote:Or then the Fire Monster dies, it explodes, and all models killed by it turn into a new mini fire monster?
I feel that those mini fire monsters should die after sometime because corpses of the previously killed models shouldn't be able to sustain the burning for long...
Every turn counts.

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:04 pm

DannyC wrote:
I feel that those mini fire monsters should die after sometime because corpses of the previously killed models shouldn't be able to sustain the burning for long...

Good point :) Maybe loose one model a turn, as they would not be that many models created from the explosion really.