The Dracomancers

If you want to tell us about your great victories or even your biter defeats, then this is the place to do it.
TristanSykes1994
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

The Dracomancers

Post by TristanSykes1994 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:20 am

Well I'll touch up on the dracomancers.
No doubt people have already heard about alex's triumph over an elite with a marauder and his battering of my general at the hands of another marauder, but to be fair, he outnumbered me 2 to 1 with the same basic statline.
So, my thoughts... Rather enjoyable to say the least. The difference between the ogres and dracomancers is that whilst the ogres can take a single character and stuff themselves with ranks of marauders, dracomancers are character driven (A first in three plains) but they need it as a warrior would be in excess of 40pts per model with their abilities, but by implementing a rule which means that the general fights from the front of the army and that you cannot select the general, it is determined by strength in numbers of th characters kin (will be explained better when released, so don't worry too much about that now as these games are for early prep whilst the dwarves are being cooked up by the creator. It allows the cost to drop to 26pts per model.
So why am I telling you all this you wonder? That is because almost 400pts went into characters alone to hold my army together. I had 17 warriors, 2 steelscales, a steelscale clan-lord, a warrior clan-lord and a shaman (weak magic caster but better in combat than all other mages)and I regret nothing. At 26 pts the warriors did about what was to be expected of them, stand their ground against a greater horde and chip away at them. The steelscales performed excellently and after the game test would have probably gone up in points if not for one factor that happened in the game, THEY DIED! And that's a good thing. If there's one thing that doesn't work in three plains, its units that kill and kill and kill but just don't die. At 120 pts a pop they are expensive, but deal serious damage but are moderate to slay. Which is a good thing and a bad thing as they may need upping in price slightly or downing in stats depending on how they work with the established armies.everything else performed on expectations but the steelscale clanlord has been upped slightly in points as I felt he was perhaps too much of a killer which should just about even him out, hopefully. Anyway, apart from a few tinkers and some modifications to some rules on their part, not much needed doing, so I look forward to the next outing with bated breath. Oh and a wise word to the wary looking forward to this army (if many are), pack some shamans, you'll need them to protect you from magic which will be your greatest foe. But hey, that's the game.
What if Deja Vu...
Meant I lost a life and started back at the last checkpoint?

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: The Dracomancers

Post by Dave » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:34 am

I felt the big thing for the Dracomancers was there CR being a little to low which I say was my fault, as thought they would to good with a CR of 5. so on my say so we lowered, but now it has been restored back to 5.

All this talk of Dracomaners and no outside the are gaming group will know what they look like, so here is one for guys.
They will be about 8 to 9 foot tall, so about the same size as an ogre and will use a base of 30x30mm which is the usually size for an cavalryman base.