Sat ZOMBIE HORDE 21/1/2012

If you want to tell us about your great victories or even your biter defeats, then this is the place to do it.
tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Sat ZOMBIE HORDE 21/1/2012

Post by tom1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Right the armies used are Necromancers VS Elves But the undead almost only cosisted of zombies as this is an army you can play.
The armys were
Necromancers
216 Zombies
1 Necromancer Undead warhorse, Ring of zombies, Master wizard
999 points
VS
Elves
54 Outer watch
2 Disk thrower
2 Bolt thrower
2 sorceress
The elves Got to go first as they have soldiering 6 i had 4
My magic spells were Undying, Chilling touch and ressurection which will be a part of the zombie mini list
1st turn elves,Movement Sorceress to get to a better vantage point, Alot of shooting and blasting with magic
1st turn Necromancers
Right i just ressurected zombies cast undying on the middle group to increase L by 1 and marched forwards. Then dave pitched an idea"why don't zombies get back up of there own accord" the reason why is they no longer need major organs so a fatal hit to a man isn't to them so a new rule was made
Not quite dead
When a Zombie/Leatherback is killed they might not be dead at first glance, they no longer require use for major organs so unless you take out the head they’ll come back with avengence.
When a zombie is killed roll D6 on a 5-6 it’s removed as normal on a 1-4 it becomes a Straggler (stats below), a straggler forms its own unit and follows the unit it was a part off. Stragglers are automatically hit unless they are in combat alongside a non-straggler unit.
And this came into play on a turn 3 to see what its like
Turn 2 Elves Tristan was just rinse and repeating with shooting and magic hoping to down as many as he could before i arrived on his doorstep
Turn 2 Necromancers
I Repeated last turn Basically. By the way you can see those zombies skirting around the difficult terrain, normally they'd plow in after the sorceress but the ring of zombies give you complete control :twisted:
Turn 3 Elves
I'm sorry tristan but i failed to get a pic of your 3rd turn but everyone can imagin what it was like, a hell of a lot of shooting (i've come to fear the disk thrower after last game becasue if i was using herlancians i wouldn't have gotten that many to tristans units) and magic
Turn 3 Necromancers
You might notice a rabble following the Zombies, Thats how many stragglers returned to the fight, but we realised that the disk thrower -2 F/W so really they're shouldn't be that many so from that point forwards i was becoming a straggler (from disk and bolts) on a 1-2
Turn 4 Elves
My wizard was unfortunatly sniped by the disk thrower so i automatically lost the game as there wasn't an intelligent piece on my side to control the army. And again there was shooting and magic and he also charged my Zombies to stop them getting the +1 ferocious attack (removed now) he killed a fair few and i killed 1 and got a Zombie poison in :twisted:
Yes i forgot you're turn again but after you sniping my Necromancer i'm half glad i did (imagines elf attaching scope to disk thrower)
Turn 4 Necromancers
were about finished now i just charged in because my zombies because they now have the BRAAINS rule so have to go to the nearest living piece
But tristan suffered a major blow this turn which cost him the game. He forgot to move his general she was in the path of my zombies and when tristan rolled for his flee move he rolled a 2 and needed a 3 so byebye general and hello +4 battle stress
And on the other side of the board i marched through his bolt thrower and got enough movement to get to his other sorcceress and tristan rolled a 1 to get her to flee so no one had and characters left to fight
From this point forwards it was almost entirely Combat
Turn 5 Elves
Tristan shot me with his bolt thrower and Killed 1 and made 3 stragglers
At the end of the turn Tristans right flank collapsed and ran off witht the zombies marching them over

We dicided to end it there because everyonge could see what was going to happen
In general zombies are alot of fun to play and i'm looking forward to releasing the zombie mini book :D
If you have any Questions about undead Post or PM me
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: Sat ZOMBIE HORDE 21/1/2012

Post by Dave » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:41 pm

Nice Battle Tom =O)

I was a really good fun and some greats rules for the Zombie sub army of the Necromancers where created too!

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:01 pm

:mrgreen: Finished
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

TristanSykes1994
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by TristanSykes1994 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:50 pm

all fine there tom, but it was 54 elves not 56, not much difference though.
What if Deja Vu...
Meant I lost a life and started back at the last checkpoint?

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:31 pm

TristanSykes1994 wrote:all fine there tom, but it was 54 elves not 56, not much difference though.
Picky picky picky Trish lol