Symbols for the Disciplines

All discussions relating to the Disciplines of Magic for Three Plains are discussed here in this part of the Epic Forum.
whisper31
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Symbols for the Disciplines

Post by whisper31 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:29 pm

In this file are the symbols for the different Disciplines of Magic that I chose. If you have another idea or suggestion for a symbol for the card backs, let me know and I will get them incorporated into the artwork.
Symbols.rar
(2.57 MiB) Downloaded 37 times

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: Symbols for the Disciplines

Post by Dave » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:03 pm

I moved the topic because I want as many want as many people seeing us work on it and hopefully pitch in. Its just the rules I want to keep under wraps for now.

Those symbols are a good start, thanks :), but which magic would you like to work on next? If it is the next one inline, the symbol for Chaos should be crazy and none symmetric.

After looking at your symbol I think the destruction is the best suited for that magic, but I wouldn't be happy using that one. We would have to work on it some more.

whisper31
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by whisper31 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:22 am

Dave wrote:I moved the topic because I want as many want as many people seeing us work on it and hopefully pitch in. Its just the rules I want to keep under wraps for now.
That is what I thought, so I wanted to get some feedback on them.
Those system are a good start, thanks :), but which magic would you like to work on next? If it is the next one inline, the symbol for Chaos should crazy and none symmetric.
I don't know if the symbol for chaos is copyrighted by GW or not (with those guys, you are never quite sure what they will claim as IP), so I wanted something that looks like that symbol, but slightly different. But, since you like the destruction better for that one, I will look around for something similar to it, but more, erm.....chaotic.
After looking at your symbol I think the destruction is the best suited for that magic, but I wouldn't be happy using that one. We would have to work on it some more.

I hadn't really decided on which to do next. I haven't gotten responses from some of the artists who did a couple of pictures I grabbed, so I have been looking for ones to replace them.

Since you only want the rules kept quiet, maybe I will drop the pics from each discipline into the forum in a new topic with a poll to see what people think of them. I also might learn if I accidentally grabbed some copyrighted material as well from the members.

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:23 am

whisper31 wrote:I don't know if the symbol for chaos is copyrighted by GW or not (with those guys, you are never quite sure what they will claim as IP), so I wanted something that looks like that symbol, but slightly different. But, since you like the destruction better for that one, I will look around for something similar to it, but more, erm.....chaotic.
lol yes, lets stay away from GW's stuff, their usually very protective over it. The trick to getting the symbol to chaos will be creating one which appears to be symmetrical or have some kind of order in it, but doesn't really. Later on today I'll throw something together to show you what I mean.
whisper31 wrote:I hadn't really decided on which to do next. I haven't gotten responses from some of the artists who did a couple of pictures I grabbed, so I have been looking for ones to replace them.
:? Just to double check, but are we ok to use the images we have so far? I don't want to step on anyone's toes. However, what we can do is something called 'Photo Manipulation'. Its basically where you take loads of different images and mesh them together to create a totally new one.
whisper31 wrote:Since you only want the rules kept quiet, maybe I will drop the pics from each discipline into the forum in a new topic with a poll to see what people think of them. I also might learn if I accidentally grabbed some copyrighted material as well from the members.
Since it looks like we are going to be working on chaos, yes starting a new thread to work on that new set of magic cards would not be a bad idea. In there we could both drop in all the assets we plan to use for it, and if other members wanted to comment on our progress they could do so. I feel a poll will be unnecessary at this stage and could cost in time too, because once I have finished all my summer work for my job, I really want to get Three Plains V3 out there. So we really don't have have the time to be waiting on poll results.

Hubert
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior

Post by Hubert » Wed May 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Thanks for the symbols. I just printed them out.

Daisy221
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior

Post by Daisy221 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:26 am

Thank you for sharing this .

whisper31
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by whisper31 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:26 am

Glad you enjoyed the work that we did for these.