Fifth Poll for which Model I should work on Next

On this site people power rules. So I want you guys to decide what I work on next, and this is the place do it.

Which Model you want to be made up next?

War Mountain Goat Division
30%
Restless Skeleton Warriors
20%
Iron Hide Orc Saw Chariot Riders
15%
Giant Wolf Spiders
10%
Herlance Catapult
10%
Update Old Orc Chariots to Zag Steads
No votes
Imperial White Terror Riders
15%

Total votes: 20

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Fifth Poll for which Model I should work on Next

Post by Dave » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:55 pm

Hi everyone,

Welcome to Epic's fifth poll to determine which piece I will be working on next after I finish the Carnage Trolls, the winner of the last poll I held.

This poll will last until I finish the Carnage Model.

Btw, everyone gets 2 VOTES each and you have to be a member of the Epic Forum to vote. Otherwise, people might spam out their vote like they have done in the past by refreshing the page and voting again and again...

Also, if you feel I have missed out a good model to make up next, please post about it here and let me know, and I will try and include it in the next poll I run.

It's a good idea to let members know why you voted in the way you did, which might sway them over to your way of thinking ;)

Here's a little info on those pieces you can vote for:

Imperial Strider Riders - War Mountain Goat Division
The last generation of Elves, the Candles will be assigned for life many lowly duties, such as; overseeing groups of slaves on farms or mills. Or they could be sent away to become a watchman or archer in the Imperial Army. The really lucky ones however, just by chance will serve the Empire as an Imperial Strider Rider.

The Striders are the fast footed and lightly armoured skirmished cavalry of the Empire. These skilful mounted riders are able to launch ranged attacks upon the enemy whilst still on the move and are also quite capable in combat.

Strider Riders spend most of their time patrolling the vast Golden Empire, and in times of war they are tasked with scouting ahead of their army to search for enemy activity and other dangers that might lay ahead. Their role within the Empire can be a dangerous one, but out there on their own with only their abilities and their wits to keep them alive, makes for a far more exciting life than a typical Watchmen’s.

There are two main divisions of Striders, which are the Horse and Mountain War Goat Riders.

The Horse Division of Strider Riders are the faster force of the two, but are poor at navigating mountainous terrain, which the Golden Empire is littered in, and they are week in combat. Whereas their counterparts the Mountain Goat Division can travel over highly rocky terrain as easily as if it was open ground, and fair much better in melee combat.

The Mountain War Goat ability to go over mountainous terrain is truly extraordinary! At a mere click of an Elf General's fingers there can be up and over a seemingly an impossible to climb cliff in an instant!

The War Goat is a savage fighter in combat, often charging in and head butting its enemies knocking them down to the ground. This head butt can be so brutal; it can even kill a Man outright on contact! Also, the War Goat is an incredibly tough beast. They have thin white wiry coats, covering their meaty muscular bodies, which are held together by their extremely strong bones. These beasts can fall of a mountain and still get up as if they just took a little tumble!

Despite the Mountain War Goat's girth, in melee combat these beasts are extremely agile, dodge and weaving blows as well as most 5th and even 4th generation Elves can.

The Mountain War Goat may only be a skirmished division of the Golden Empire's legions, but they should not be underestimated in combat. These plucky Riders have even been known to survive and hold their own against charging Herlanceian Grand Riders, which is no small feat for a skirmished unit of cavalry!

Restless Skeleton Warriors
The Restless are the next army we are working on, but it would be nice to have a few units ready for them when we release them. So if you vote for this option, I will make up some basic Skeleton Warriors for this new codex.

Iron Hide Orc Saw Chariot Riders
Even the smallest Orc Caravans have at least one Gang of Saw warriors to fight for them, but they will struggle to form an elite war band of Saw Chariot Riders.

Only the largest and greatest caravans have enough chariot riders to survive long enough to forge their own Saw Blades and go on to become a gang of Saw Riders.

These highly skilful war riders are called Saw Iron Hides, because of the sheer amount of metal armour they bolt on to their chariots. In fact, Saw Iron Hides only use the biggest and nastiest of all their Zags to pull their metal machines of death on the battlefield, because only they can handle that much weight.

Iron Sides' Zags are even brutalised by their green masters to make them even more aggressive in combat.

Just like their Saw brothers on foot, these elite chariot riders carry only Great Saw Blades into battle, which are so devastating in combat that even using a spear on a charge is nothing compared to what their Saw Blades can do to the enemy in combat!

For those rare few who survive a clash with these brutal warriors on the battlefield, must have the Gods on their side. Because many who meet these blood thirsty killers in combat, will soon meat their god in person.

Giant Wolf Spiders
Unlike the rest of Many, there is not many things to eat in the Black Lands, and most creatures have to scratch out a living there just to survive.

However, there are plenty of things that fly over the wastes, and the Giant Wolf Spiders have evolved an extraordinary way to get at these rare meals.

Amazingly these large intelligent spiders work together to shoot their web balls at their airborne prey to knock them out of the sky. As their prey struggles to get free and back up into the air again, these cunning arachnid packs pounce on and poison their prey with their giant fangs.

When they struggle no more, only then will the spiders feast upon their partly liquefied flesh, which has been dissolved by toxins in their poison.

Even though these packs of spiders can just about live on anything, they will not touch Orc meat, which is most likely because of its extremely tough, chewy and sour taste.

Thanks to the foul taste of Orcs, and these intelligent arachnids living in packs, has made it possible for the Orcs to use them for hunting and making war upon their enemies.

The Orcs of the Black Lands have learned to harness these special arachnids' skills in battle. They use these eight legged monsters because they do not have any flying machines or beasts to call into battle to challenge an airborne enemy in the skies. So, they rely on their packs of Giant Wolf Spiders to shoot these flying threats down.
Under the direction of their beast masters, the Wolf Spider will choose a target, and will spit dozens of web balls up at them in the air. If enough of these sticky balls hit their mark, it will slow them down and could even force flying beasts to the ground.

Once grounded, their beast masters will unleash their Wolf Spiders upon their victim. They will pounce upon their prey and drive their giant fags into their flesh, pumping their lethal poison into their victim.

So deadly is their venom, that one drop will kill a man instantly. Bigger creatures can resist their poison for a while, but it will always kill them in the end.

Giant Wolf Spiders are fast, agile in combat, and they can even cast their webs at other nimble enemies to entangle them. Also, most living things have a healthy fear of all things that crawl on eight legs, which can frighten lesser warriors in combat and even drive them off the battlefield.

Although, for those who stand up against these over grown arachnids will find their exoskeletons are not too tough and can easily be sliced through with most good iron or steal blades. In fact most warriors will have no trouble despatching these over grown insects in battle.

Nevertheless, the bigger monsters will always avoid conflict with these creatures, as just one unlucky bite from their fangs means it's all over for them regardless of how many they squish in battle!

Herlance Catapult
Ever since the Dwarfs built the first of the great Catapults, other races have seen this machines potential on the battlefield, and so have make their own and deployed them in battle themselves.

Herlanceian Catapults are large wooden and iron contraptions, with a harden battle front to protect its crew whilst they work the machine from behind. Like all catapults it has a long wooden arm to launch its payload at the enemy and wooden wheels, which give limited mobility on the battlefield.

The Herlanceian Catapult can be armed with two different missiles to shoot at the enemy. The first is a single large iron or stone bullet, which hits its target at such a great force that it can bring down a thin fortress wall or even a fully grown Giant. The Catapult's other payload of the secret Herlanceian Fire, which burns longer and hotter an any other oil does. On impact, the Herlanceian Fire bursts with so much fury that it creates an instant firestorm, killing all those who get caught in it. This option is an excellent choice to attack large bodies of infantry with, as a direct hit can devastate a unit, but this attack is no good against stone walls or other tough targets.

Though the catapult is just complex enough to attract Gremlins, it is very rare they do, as these machines are pretty simple devices. This makes the Catapult quite a reliable war machine in battle.

Update Old Orc Chariots to Zag Steads
There is the rumble and clatter of heavy iron wheels, which is accompanied by the sounds of whips' cracks and lashes, and whatever it is, it's heading towards you at speed!

A cloud of black dust lifts off the horizon, as the Orc Iron chariots pulled by their ferocious Zags charge straight towards you and your men with the intention of running you all down like dogs!

It's time to go, or face down one of the most devastating band of chariot riders on the Middle Plain.

Orcs have short squat bodies, and so find it difficult to ride steeds of any kind.

To make up for their body plan's natural disadvantage for mounting and riding their Zags, they use heavy chariots of iron instead.

The Orc War Chariot is a deadly war machine dragged by their battle harden Zags. They are well equipped with a skilful driver armed with a spiked club, an archer and a spearmun who will defend the armoured cab from invaders and do much of the killing if the chariot becomes bogged down in combat.

The Orcs drive their chariots hard into units of infantry to smash them up into bits and run them down if they flee. After their bloody work has been done, they will ride off as quickly as they came, to devastate another unit elsewhere on the battlefield.

Imperial White Terror Riders
Instead of deploying units of heavy armoured Imperial Helms in battle, Elf commanders usually prefer to deploy Imperial White Terror Riders instead.

There are many good reasons for this. Firstly, unlike the Imperial Helms, White Terror Riders are lightly armoured, only carrying a Shield and Light Armour into battle, as they rely on their nimbleness to avoid their enemy's strikes in combat, rather than taking the blows directly. This makes them unconventional fighters for most enemy's to combat, which usually gives them a fighting edge over their opponents.

Another good reason is the White Terror Birds can match most horses' speed on an open field, even keeping up with Imperial Steeds with their superior bloodlines. Because they are not over encumbered with heavy armour, they can take full advantage of their great speed on the battlefield, leaving most enemy cavalry standing.

Perhaps the White Terror Riders biggest advantage over the Imperial Helms is in combat. White Terror Birds stand at 7 foot tall and their light bodies are packed full of mussel. The giant bird has huge razor sharp talons, which can disembowel a man in an instant. Their massive beaks can slice through flesh, bone and even armour with a mere snap of their beaks, which can easily take off an enemy combatant's arm.

For all the advantages of the White Terror Riders on the battlefield, they do have some crucial disadvantages. The giant bird's frames cannot bear heavy armour, which makes them very vulnerable to attacks they cannot evade.

In more recent times, the lesser races have learn to master both magic and machines, which has given them the ability to rain down fire and stone upon the battlefield, which causes huge explosions that the White Terror Riders cannot avoid. These new threats on the battlefield have decimated entire units of White Terror Riders, which led to the creation of the Imperial Helms. This new division of cavalry are slower and far more sluggish in combat, but they can withstand hits that would otherwise kill a White Terror Rider in battle.

darkgunman 3
Knight of Epic
Knight of Epic

Re: Fifth Poll for which Model I should work on Next

Post by darkgunman 3 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:13 am

hi there ,
i am partial to the imperial elves
so I'm glad they are getting new models.
that is why i voted for the war goat mountain division and the imperial white terror birds
both of them give the imperial elves more flexibility in combat and transverse different terrain quickly.

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:17 am

darkgunman 3 wrote:hi there ,
i am partial to the imperial elves
so I'm glad they are getting new models.
that is why i voted for the war goat mountain division and the imperial white terror birds
both of them give the imperial elves more flexibility in combat and transverse different terrain quickly.
Totally understandable, and a lot of those reasons there is exactly why I voted for them too :)

Looks like its going to be between the Skeletons and the Mountain War Goats.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:25 am

I think everyone knows where my votes have gone lol
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

ghbkk
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior

Post by ghbkk » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:18 pm

I made my vote but honestly I want you to work on whatever you feel like working on, let the creativity flow. Thanks for making this game. I'm determined to playtest it soon :-)

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:29 pm

ghbkk wrote:I made my vote but honestly I want you to work on whatever you feel like working on, let the creativity flow. Thanks for making this game. I'm determined to playtest it soon :-)
Thank you Ghbkk, and I would love to see or hear your thoughts on your first game of Three Plains :)

darkgunman 3
Knight of Epic
Knight of Epic

Post by darkgunman 3 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi Dave,
I think the war mountain goat division won the fifth model poll with five votes :D.
Close second is the restless skeleton warriors with four votes :)
Third place is the imperial white terror riders with three votes :)

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:52 pm

darkgunman 3 wrote:Hi Dave,
I think the war mountain goat division won the fifth model poll with five votes :D.
Close second is the restless skeleton warriors with four votes :)
Third place is the imperial white terror riders with three votes :)
I believe you're right :) Even though this poll is still running and won't close until I have finished the Carnage Models.

As I have mentioned before, the Mountain Goat Riders are perhaps my favour unit in the whole game, and I'm really looking forwards to working on them when its their turn :)