Eighth Poll for which Model I should work on Next

On this site people power rules. So I want you guys to decide what I work on next, and this is the place do it.

Iron Hide Orc Saw Chariot Riders
10%
Herlance Catapult
10%
Update Old Orc Chariots to Zag Steads
20%
Imperial White Terror Riders
30%
Divine Sky Masters
30%

Total votes: 10

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:14 am

Hi everyone again,

Welcome back to Epic's Eighth Poll to determine which piece I will be working on next. Btw, the Restless Spear Men (Skeleton Warriors) won the last poll and I have already started working on, and you can check out their progress on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=821

This poll will last until I finish the Restless Spear Men's Models.

Btw, everyone gets 2 VOTES each and you have to be a member of the Epic Forum to vote. Otherwise, people might spam out their vote like they have done in the past by refreshing the page and voting again and again...

It's a good idea to let members know why you voted in the way you did, which might sway them over to your way of thinking when they vote ;)

Also, you might want to suggest new models to add to the poll in the future, as the list is getting a little short now.

Here's a little info on those pieces you can vote for, and check out the Sky Masters, which I have added into this poll:

Iron Hide Orc Saw Chariot Riders
Even the smallest Orc Caravans have at least one Gang of Saw warriors to fight for them, but they will struggle to form an elite war band of Saw Chariot Riders.

Only the largest and greatest caravans have enough chariot riders to survive long enough to forge their own Saw Blades and go on to become a gang of Saw Riders.

These highly skilful war riders are called Saw Iron Hides, because of the sheer amount of metal armour they bolt on to their chariots. In fact, Saw Iron Hides only use the biggest and nastiest of all their Zags to pull their metal machines of death on the battlefield, because only they can handle that much weight.

Iron Sides' Zags are even brutalised by their green masters to make them even more aggressive in combat.

Just like their Saw brothers on foot, these elite chariot riders carry only Great Saw Blades into battle, which are so devastating in combat that even using a spear on a charge is nothing compared to what their Saw Blades can do to the enemy in combat!

For those rare few who survive a clash with these brutal warriors on the battlefield, must have the Gods on their side. Because many who meet these blood thirsty killers in combat, will soon meat their god in person.

Imperial White Terror Riders
Instead of deploying units of heavy armoured Imperial Helms in battle, Elf commanders usually prefer to deploy Imperial White Terror Riders instead.

There are many good reasons for this. Firstly, unlike the Imperial Helms, White Terror Riders are lightly armoured, only carrying a Shield and Light Armour into battle, as they rely on their nimbleness to avoid their enemy's strikes in combat, rather than taking the blows directly. This makes them unconventional fighters for most enemy's to combat, which usually gives them a fighting edge over their opponents.

Another good reason is the White Terror Birds can match most horses' speed on an open field, even keeping up with Imperial Steeds with their superior bloodlines. Because they are not over encumbered with heavy armour, they can take full advantage of their great speed on the battlefield, leaving most enemy cavalry standing.

Perhaps the White Terror Riders biggest advantage over the Imperial Helms is in combat. White Terror Birds stand at 7 foot tall and their light bodies are packed full of mussel. The giant bird has huge razor sharp talons, which can disembowel a man in an instant. Their massive beaks can slice through flesh, bone and even armour with a mere snap of their beaks, which can easily take off an enemy combatant's arm.

For all the advantages of the White Terror Riders on the battlefield, they do have some crucial disadvantages. The giant bird's frames cannot bear heavy armour, which makes them very vulnerable to attacks they cannot evade.

In more recent times, the lesser races have learn to master both magic and machines, which has given them the ability to rain down fire and stone upon the battlefield, which causes huge explosions that the White Terror Riders cannot avoid. These new threats on the battlefield have decimated entire units of White Terror Riders, which led to the creation of the Imperial Helms. This new division of cavalry are slower and far more sluggish in combat, but they can withstand hits that would otherwise kill a White Terror Rider in battle.

Herlanceian Catapult
Ever since the Dwarfs built the first of the great Catapults, other races have seen this machines potential on the battlefield, and so have make their own and deployed them in battle themselves.

Herlanceian Catapults are large wooden and iron contraptions, with a harden battle front to protect its crew whilst they work the machine from behind. Like all catapults it has a long wooden arm to launch its payload at the enemy and wooden wheels, which give limited mobility on the battlefield.

The Herlanceian Catapult can be armed with two different missiles to shoot at the enemy. The first is a single large iron or stone bullet, which hits its target at such a great force that it can bring down a thin fortress wall or even a fully grown Giant. The Catapult's other payload of the secret Herlanceian Fire, which burns longer and hotter an any other oil does. On impact, the Herlanceian Fire bursts with so much fury that it creates an instant firestorm, killing all those who get caught in it. This option is an excellent choice to attack large bodies of infantry with, as a direct hit can devastate a unit, but this attack is no good against stone walls or other tough targets.

Though the catapult is just complex enough to attract Gremlins, it is very rare they do, as these machines are pretty simple devices. This makes the Catapult quite a reliable war machine in battle.

Orc Chariots
There is the rumble and clatter of heavy iron wheels, which is accompanied by the sounds of whips' cracks and lashes, and whatever it is, it's heading towards you at speed!

A cloud of black dust lifts off the horizon, as the Orc Iron chariots pulled by their ferocious Zags charge straight towards you and your men with the intention of running you all down like dogs!

It's time to go, or face down one of the most devastating band of chariot riders on the Middle Plain.

Orcs have short squat bodies, and so find it difficult to ride steeds of any kind.

To make up for their body plan's natural disadvantage for mounting and riding their Zags, they use heavy chariots of iron instead.

The Orc War Chariot is a deadly war machine dragged by their battle harden Zags. They are well equipped with a skilful driver armed with a spiked club, an archer and a spearmun who will defend the armoured cab from invaders and do much of the killing if the chariot becomes bogged down in combat.

The Orcs drive their chariots hard into units of infantry to smash them up into bits and run them down if they flee. After their bloody work has been done, they will ride off as quickly as they came, to devastate another unit elsewhere on the battlefield.

Divine Sky Masters
As their name sake suggests, the Divine Sky Masters truly are elite sky warriors who masterfully use both lance and sword in the air and on the ground to best most of their foes they meet in battle!

In the air, their speed, grace and elegance as they dance high up within the clouds are legendary across the length and breadth of Many!

Like Unicorns, Pegasus will not just let anyone ride them. However, unlike Unicorns who only favour ones' divinity, Pegasus admire a strong heart and keen wits. This means despite their status, an Imperial Knight must earn their Pegasus' trust before they can partner, whereas most Unicorns would automatically accept the Imperial Knight because of their potent divine blood.

So an Imperial Knight must win over a Pegasus before they can ride them. The Knight must travel to what the Elves call Mount Ultamar, which is one of the largest mountains in the Empire, where the Pegasus are plentiful and fly wild and free. There on the side of the grey mountain, the Knights will set up camp and start their battle of wills with their chosen Pegasus.

Many High Moons can pass before an Imperial Knight makes any progress with a Pegasus. These beasts will test the Elves' resolve to their limits to see if they are worthy partners. This can be a very trying and dangerous time for the Knight, and there is many a dead knight's remains scatter all over the giant grey mountain of Ultamar to testify to this. It has even been recorded that entire campsites of Knights have been attack and wiped out by the Pegasus when they have lost patience with these Elves.

However, as any Sky Master Knight will tell you, all the time and danger the Knight goes through to win over their Pegasus is worth it, because when the two bond they do so for life. They will never leave each other's side from that day onwards. Even when a Sky Master is slain in battle, their Pegasus will always ferociously fight on to defend their partner's lifeless body.

darkgunman 3
Knight of Epic
Knight of Epic

Re: Eighth Poll for which Model I should work on Next

Post by darkgunman 3 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:20 am

Hi Dave,
i chose both model choices for the imperial gold masters: the imperial white terror riders and the divine sky masters :D

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:43 am

darkgunman 3 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:20 am
Hi Dave,
i chose both model choices for the imperial gold masters: the imperial white terror riders and the divine sky masters :D
Looks like you're a bit of a fan of the Golden Masters eh? Btw, I voted in the same way too :)

I'm hoping the next update for the Golden Masters' Codex will be out soon too. I have been working on the book's art work which has been taking ages because of other work commitments, but after that is done the book will be ready for release, well just about anyway...

And thanks to everyone who has voted so far.

ghbkk
Epic Warrior
Epic Warrior

Post by ghbkk » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:26 am

" it can bring down a thin fortress wall or even a fully grown Giant."

Sounds awesome!

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:50 am

ghbkk wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:26 am
" it can bring down a thin fortress wall or even a fully grown Giant."

Sounds awesome!
The good old Catapult is a great war machine at destroying just about anything. Its explosive shots are great at dealing with bodies of infantry (especially Elves, who cannot use their agility to dodge that attack) and their single shot bullets can deal tons of damage to any unlucky monsters they hit. Its just hitting them that's the thing, but thats largely down to the skill of the individual player at guessing the correct range of their target.

Btw, thanks for voting Ghbkk. Looks like its going to be a battle between the Imperial White Terror Riders and the Divine Sky Masters, but that's a win win in my book, as I will enjoy working on both models :)