Idea for another undead unit

This section of the Forum has been opened up to talk about the up and coming Restless (Undead) Army for Three Plains.
tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Idea for another undead unit

Post by tom1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:23 am

Obsidian watchers

I had an idea for a new unique skeleton unit similar to the golden bones.
Basically they will be fuelled by love and there back story is some thing along the lines of a cult stormed a town and took the villagers hostage. They brought in a huge cauldron and sacrificed the town people together in there families one by one with first the fathers being put in then the mothers and finally the children letting them watch as the there family are forced to scream in front of them in the name of chaos as they are boiled away.
But as it's chaos and it forever act unpredictably when they were about to move onto the children multiple dark purple skeleton hands burst from the cauldron reaching and climbing out.
Slowly the cultists backed off as they skeleton pulled themselves from the cauldron and marched towards the cultists who began firing bows and magic at them but nothing seemed to affect the hard as rock skeletons.
The cultists will then be massacred and the skeletons will slowly watch over there children until the reach adult good at which point they turned to wash only returning when familys at ending torn apart and the need is great.

Its a very tough draft but you get the idea. With regards to stats I was thinking that they will have the standard 2 toughness and 1 luck, but with 3 resistance an a special rule which means the resistance always negate magical modifiers.
They will still be meek so not much in a fight But they will be rock hard to break down and expensive

As you can see i have a basic idea for a new skeleton unit now my I initial idea is a rock hard unit, but as it's chaos based I am open to any more suggestions and ideas to flesh out the back story
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: Idea for another unread unit

Post by Dave » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:14 am

I like it, and a story is forming in my head, which is true to your original idea, but I might have to cut out the Love bit... and base it more around Chaos. In fact, as I am writing up the Restless, I might as well make this the next story I work on for them.

Since its chaos, how about having random stats for them instead, which you could roll at the beginning of the game?

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:51 pm

Yeah more fitting with chaos theme , and my idea to do wit love was a very rough idea,
To be honest I came up with the unit idea before actually writing the back story :lol:

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:01 am

tom1 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:51 pm
Yeah more fitting with chaos theme , and my idea to do wit love was a very rough idea,
To be honest I came up with the unit idea before actually writing the back story :lol:
Cool. I will crack on with that story and unit after I have finished the tale of the 'Little Black Book' for the Restless.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Re: Idea for another undead unit

Post by tom1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:09 pm

Ok should make for an interesting read