Undying Legions of the Restless Codex

This section of the Forum has been opened up to talk about the up and coming Restless (Undead) Army for Three Plains.
User avatar
tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 5:44 pm
Location: UK, England, Leeds
Contact:

Re: Undying Legions of the Restless Codex

Post by tom1 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Dave wrote:Here is the latest update for the Restless, I hope you are going to like the changes I've made to them 8-)

http://epicwargaming.com/Stuff-Box/The- ... -V.1.3.zip
I'm reading the new resurrection rule but it doesn't make sense to me

Each Will Point can restore back lost models or life points
upon a piece. Roll a D6 for each Will Point used to restore
back lost models or life points upon a piece. Add up the
total cost and every time the score goes over the piece's
soldiering rating, before adding any bonuses to the piece's
stats restore back 1 life point or model to that piece. For
instance, if a Revenant uses 1 of their will points to restore
a Meek Unit and scores a 6 that will restore back 3 life
points worth of Meek Models.

How does it work?
Image
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

User avatar
Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Undying Legions of the Restless Codex

Post by Dave » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:17 pm

Woops I have seen a little mistake there. So I have just updated it if you want to download it again.

Note that soldiering has been replaced with will now, but its really the same thing.

Every time your will point score goes over one of your restless piece's soldiering/will rating, you get 1 life point back.

For instance, Roll a D6 for each Will point, which you will usually have 5 Will Points for your General. So you roll 1 (D6) will point and score a 6 which will restore you 3 skeleton warriors who have a soldiering/will of 2. If you rolled a 3, you get 1 skeleton back. Or if roll a 2D6 will points and scored an 8, you would get 4 skeleton warriors back instead.

The Meek only have a soldiering/will of 1 now. So if you roll 3 will points (3D6) and scored a 12 you would get 12 Meek Models back.

Got it?
Image

User avatar
tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 5:44 pm
Location: UK, England, Leeds
Contact:

Re: Undying Legions of the Restless Codex

Post by tom1 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:16 pm

Dave wrote:Woops I have seen a little mistake there. So I have just updated it if you want to download it again.

Note that soldiering has been replaced with will now, but its really the same thing.

Every time your will point score goes over one of your restless piece's soldiering/will rating, you get 1 life point back.

For instance, Roll a D6 for each Will point, which you will usually have 5 Will Points for your General. So you roll 1 (D6) will point and score a 6 which will restore you 3 skeleton warriors who have a soldiering/will of 2. If you rolled a 3, you get 1 skeleton back. Or if roll a 2D6 will points and scored an 8, you would get 4 skeleton warriors back instead.

The Meek only have a soldiering/will of 1 now. So if you roll 3 will points (3D6) and scored a 12 you would get 12 Meek Models back.

Got it?
Just 3 questions

1. If my skeleton warriors have a will of 2 and I roll a 6 wouldn't I get 4 back as I've rolled 4 points over my will

2. In your 2d6 example I'm assuming that when you roll an 8 and regenerate 4 it's because you need to roll over your will twice, so for each d6 say I roll a 4 both times that's an overall +4 skeletons because I don't add both d6 together as if I did then on a 2d6 roll of an 8 I'd regenerate 6.

3. The meek example confused me more because in that case you added all 3d6 rolls together to roll 12 but if that were then then in that case I'd regenerate 11 not 12, additionally don't I take away the meeks 1 will on each d6 not just against the entire result if I did I'd only get 9 back.
Image
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

User avatar
Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Undying Legions of the Restless Codex

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:59 pm

tom1 wrote:
Dave wrote:Woops I have seen a little mistake there. So I have just updated it if you want to download it again.

Note that soldiering has been replaced with will now, but its really the same thing.

Every time your will point score goes over one of your restless piece's soldiering/will rating, you get 1 life point back.

For instance, Roll a D6 for each Will point, which you will usually have 5 Will Points for your General. So you roll 1 (D6) will point and score a 6 which will restore you 3 skeleton warriors who have a soldiering/will of 2. If you rolled a 3, you get 1 skeleton back. Or if roll a 2D6 will points and scored an 8, you would get 4 skeleton warriors back instead.

The Meek only have a soldiering/will of 1 now. So if you roll 3 will points (3D6) and scored a 12 you would get 12 Meek Models back.

Got it?
Just 3 questions

1. If my skeleton warriors have a will of 2 and I roll a 6 wouldn't I get 4 back as I've rolled 4 points over my will

2. In your 2d6 example I'm assuming that when you roll an 8 and regenerate 4 it's because you need to roll over your will twice, so for each d6 say I roll a 4 both times that's an overall +4 skeletons because I don't add both d6 together as if I did then on a 2d6 roll of an 8 I'd regenerate 6.

3. The meek example confused me more because in that case you added all 3d6 rolls together to roll 12 but if that were then then in that case I'd regenerate 11 not 12, additionally don't I take away the meeks 1 will on each d6 not just against the entire result if I did I'd only get 9 back.
:oops: The mistake here is mine. I have updated the book again and this time I have made it super clear.

http://epicwargaming.com/Stuff-Box/The- ... .1.3.B.zip

Btw, since you can raise back loads of Meek now, I have made some changes to them again if you want to check them out.
Image

User avatar
tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 5:44 pm
Location: UK, England, Leeds
Contact:

Re: Undying Legions of the Restless Codex

Post by tom1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:34 pm

Ok and that's fine when I looked I did think it was a bit much or was it reading it wrong,
Thanks Dave for that
Image
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

User avatar
tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 5:44 pm
Location: UK, England, Leeds
Contact:

Re: Undying Legions of the Restless Codex

Post by tom1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Ok just 1 question lol
For spirits if you only use a d3 to regenerate them but there characters have a will of 5 does that mean you have to roll at least 2 d3 to get any back as if you roll 2 threes then that's 6 total so you get 2 life points back, otherwise it's impossible to regenerate them
Image
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

User avatar
Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Undying Legions of the Restless Codex

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:50 pm

tom1 wrote:Ok just 1 question lol
For spirits if you only use a d3 to regenerate them but there characters have a will of 5 does that mean you have to roll at least 2 d3 to get any back as if you roll 2 threes then that's 6 total so you get 2 life points back, otherwise it's impossible to regenerate them
Yep that's right :) You can spend your will points as you want, you can even put them all on a spirit character if you like.

Anyway what do you think of the new system????
Image

User avatar
tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 5:44 pm
Location: UK, England, Leeds
Contact:

Re: Undying Legions of the Restless Codex

Post by tom1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:30 pm

I think it's good, only thing is it make one of the Restless traits not work as one of them gives +1 soldiering
Image
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

User avatar
Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Undying Legions of the Restless Codex

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:42 pm

tom1 wrote:I think it's good, only thing is it make one of the Restless traits not work as one of them gives +1 soldiering
How about changing that to being immuned to crumbling when taking a Deviancy Check instead?
Image

User avatar
tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 5:44 pm
Location: UK, England, Leeds
Contact:

Re: Undying Legions of the Restless Codex

Post by tom1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:46 pm

Well they already have 1 that's gives -2 crumbling, I was thinking it could just be a +1 d6 to soldiering checks
Image
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

Post Reply