Death as a character

This section of the Forum has been opened up to talk about the up and coming Restless (Undead) Army for Three Plains.
tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Death as a character

Post by tom1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:36 am

Now this might be a bit out there but I had an for death as a character in three plains, not stat wise but I thought an ability he could have is to basically once per game he gets a pseudo hour glass of time whereby he takes a character away and they have a game of "chess" where you rI'll of for soldiering and if you lose you take a certain amount of damage
It could even be a spell if you want it was just a random idea
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: Death as a character

Post by Dave » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:29 am

tom1 wrote:Now this might be a bit out there but I had an for death as a character in three plains, not stat wise but I thought an ability he could have is to basically once per game he gets a pseudo hour glass of time whereby he takes a character away and they have a game of "chess" where you rI'll of for soldiering and if you lose you take a certain amount of damage
It could even be a spell if you want it was just a random idea
Well Death is already in the game, but at the moment only exists as a character in the Three Plains' Story.

If he was to be in the actual game though, he would have mind blowing stats, as he is a God after all, but maybe we could look at turning your idea into an Magic Item instead?

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:31 am

Yeah I thought it'd most likely end up as a magic item as like you said deaths stats would be too high

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:25 pm

Well if you want to create another of those peculiar magic items, which do odd things in the game, you can and then we can debate it in the magic items section of the forum :)

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:49 pm

Ok I'll try when I get back tonight from work

TristanSykes1994
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by TristanSykes1994 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:58 am

What about something like this? just a brain pouring.

Death's pawn

These hideous skeletal chess pieces are a grave sight to behold should an unfortunate soul find themselves challenged by its bearer as what entails is no mere chess game, but a journey into death's own domain in a literal battle of wits to ensure their own survival, overseen by Death himself. Each piece lost in this game causes great pain to the owner as Death strips ribbons of their soul away, stealing precious memories and aging the victim. This is nothing compared to the fate of the loser however, who will become trapped within death's domain to await a truly unfathomable fate...

Death's Pawn is a magic artefact with the following rules:

When a Character comes into base contact with a piece containing another character, you may declare a challenge against that character. Immediately remove both characters (They no longer count as being on the field, but are not slain for the purposes of death of the warlord or similar effects) and during the combat phase, resolve the following effect.
If both characters are still alive, they must make an opposed soldiering check and compare results. For each success over the opposing piece, they deal an immediate 1 life point damage which ignores all saves to the opponent. At any time before the roll is made, either character may elect to try and cheat. if so, the declaring player may add 2 additional dice to their soldiering when making an opposed roll but must immediately after resolution (but before damage is allocated) make an unmodified opposed soldiering check against Death's soldiering of 7. if passed, your opponent loses life points as normal for each success you gain over him, but if the check against death is failed, you instead take twice the damage you would have dealt your opponent as death punishes your attempts to deceive him.
Once either character is slain as a casualty, the victorious player may then place his model anywhere on the board but may not be placed in contact with an enemy unit (He may be placed into a friendly unit in combat, but takes no part in the combat until the following combat phase).
What if Deja Vu...
Meant I lost a life and started back at the last checkpoint?