Post game test talk

This section of the Forum has been opened up to talk about the up and coming Restless (Undead) Army for Three Plains.
Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: Post game test talk

Post by Dave » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:42 pm

tom1 wrote:Can undead archers not mass volley shoot? its not a rule they have
Yep they will be able to do that, I've just not added it in yet.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:57 pm

Ok i thought so lol
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:38 pm

Here's my list from today, I also think this time I'll give a rundown of each piece and just say what I liked about it and any changes that are being made.
Just to let you know this list is slightly wrong I made a few small amendment by taking off a few pieces to give my general a bit better armour
Attachments
Screenshot_20170128-183630.png
Screenshot_20170128-183630.png (448.18 KiB) Viewed 651 times

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:53 pm

Fallen great one, did his job kept army together and almost saw combat which as you can see he would do pretty well in should it have come to that 6 attacks at Cr 7 with a -3 to enemy saves though a bit lacking in LP with how I've tooled him up
Life breakers of Anex, caused some controversy as it's currently written you can resurrect them as normal as Dave thougt he'd written it so you couldn't and there was some debate about the life breaker rule, overall they're getting rule changes and a point increase
Skeleton warriors, again did there job with no changes, though got to say 14 Cr5 spear attacks was very nice
Skeleton Cavalry, got skewered alo5 by bolt throwers, points wise there good value and because they only have light armour they can go full 14inch and it did feel bolt throwers shots as much as it's 20pts vs 30pts for the elite cavalry
Bloodskulls, nice surprising piece, with cr6 when they went against men of cracking and corn they actually caused then alot of pain though the ultimately got slaughtered in retaliation,
Wizards, nothing to say just did there job,
Bolt throwers, again did what you'd expect
And finally the bone hounds which I messed about with too much and should've chucked into combat as they wouldn't do too badly

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:07 am

Here's some of my thoughts about today's game test:

Yep it was a good battle :)

I think the Life Breakers might have to be given some more thought, like their points might have to go up..?

And I need to think about how the General's leadership bonus will work too..? I'm still not happy with it really...

I'm always amazed the amount of undead you always field on the table, despite their additional costs.

Thinking about the Blood Skulls, I'm going to make them more versatile too. Also, I don't think we have really seen what they can do yet in combat! When they do finally do something, they should be quite nasty :twisted: Unfortunately, they have always ended up in combat against the Men of Crack and Corn, who are very similar to them, but the Blood Skulls are no real match for them in combat, as we have seen now twice!

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:20 am

This was the first time they've fought they've never fought before and to be honest under noral circumstances when wed both hit on 4+ this game I hit on 3+ because of a boost to my Cr so really they would win by a bigger margin normally

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:02 am

Sorry, I thought they had thought before :?

Anyway, I think I have finally cracked the General's Leadership special rule and here it is :D

General's Leadership
All friendly pieces within 8 inches of their General, which have a lower soldiering value than their leader, gain +1 Soldiering.

If the General flees, this special bonus is lost until they can re-rally.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:56 am

Hang on a second Dave now here's a question for you, for undead revenant pieces they convert soldiering into will points to regenerate with, so does that mean if I hang near general I'll get an extra will point?

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:01 pm

tom1 wrote:Hang on a second Dave now here's a question for you, for undead revenant pieces they convert soldiering into will points to regenerate with, so does that mean if I hang near general I'll get an extra will point?
No, I think modifiers for Banners and the General will have to be excluded when working out how many Will Points you can have. I'm still undecided about magic items though. I want the gamer to be able to buffed their will points up, but not go OTT with it.

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:39 pm

Here is the new proposed system for 'Raising Back the Restless'. What do you guys think?

"Each Will Point can raise back D2 life points worth of lost Restless models. When raising back lost life points or models upon a piece worth over 1 Diamond or 1 Star deduct -1 from the result of the D2 rolled to restore a piece."
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.3 KiB) Viewed 637 times