Post game test talk

This section of the Forum has been opened up to talk about the up and coming Restless (Undead) Army for Three Plains.
tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post game test talk

Post by tom1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:21 pm

Well after todays one clear thing is that the bone packers are too slow, the meek too cheap and that the resurrection needs re-working
Master of all things undead, any questions regarding undead i'm your man

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Re: Post game test talk

Post by Dave » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:20 pm

As my Brave Men of Crack & Corn crashed into the Meek, they slayed 10 of them, but then Tom Raised back 14! My heart sank :cry:

The Meek will be NERFED to 5pts and turned into a Mob Unit, which should bring them back under control HEHEHE :twisted:

Basically today I was out numbered greatly by the Dead, when really I should have outnumbered them. So obviously they are to cheap as they are and their points will have to go up, that is clear.

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:26 pm

Yeah that didn't surprise me lol

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:26 pm

One thing I've got to say is that it was very nice to have the ethereal lord in the battle as normal undead generals used to get sniped but he was so tough that he survived very well

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:44 pm

tom1 wrote:One thing I've got to say is that it was very nice to have the ethereal lord in the battle as normal undead generals used to get sniped but he was so tough that he survived very well
Yes, Ethereal Characters are pretty tough cookies with them having a save of , and the fact they convert all their weapons into Ethereal Ones, which cancel out all toughness saves makes them pretty awesome! :)

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:05 pm

Today the undead lost sadly, they rose up and we're promptly put down by the Herlanceians, though it did bring up a good point about aerial combat

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:30 pm

tom1 wrote:Today the undead lost sadly, they rose up and we're promptly put down by the Herlanceians, though it did bring up a good point about aerial combat
Ye... I think the poor Restless was a little over priced today, as you used the Trait which gives your entire army +1 fear making most of your troops cause +2 fear. So that Trait has been reduced in cost :)

It was good to see the air combat though, and the Red Griffin beating out the Undead one, which is really just a basic griffin which causes one extra fear, and from that we also learned that the rules for Riders literally dropping out of combat need creating. Tom's Griffing got killed and crashed down to the ground and took its Rider with it, who just happened to be Tom's Undead General! The question is that, should the combat have continued down on the ground? There are arguments for both sides of that really...

Anyway, here is the updated version of the Restless V.1.2:

http://epicwargaming.com/Stuff-Box/The- ... -V.1.2.zip

tom1
A Viscount of Epic
A Viscount of Epic

Post by tom1 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:47 pm

Cheers I'll sort a list for next time

Dave
Keeper of Epic
Keeper of Epic

Post by Dave » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:33 pm

:lol: We will see :twisted:

TristanSykes1994
Epic Lord
Epic Lord

Post by TristanSykes1994 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:28 am

Falling from a mount like that would be no small event. Not only are you plummeting towards the ground, but there's several hundred kilograms of dead meat literally falling with you that you cannot control dragging you with it. In almost every case, a fall like this would be a death sentence due to the speed it would occur and the time needed to react. The only saving result would be luck as even agility is useless unless you have some way to control yourself in the air.
What if Deja Vu...
Meant I lost a life and started back at the last checkpoint?